SFA likely to review Sone Aluko penalty award in Rangers win

You mean he dived.

eh no there was contact albeit minimal and he was travelling at speed, have you ever played football before?

You're defending him because he plays for us.

I simply couldn't believe the ref gave the pen, was sure Aluko was getting a yellow.

If there was a dislike button, this post would have got it mister :P

Again you are wrong, I think there was contact simple as that. If it was as clear cut say like the Naismith elbow I would have no problem saying so but it's not IMO.

Likewise for your posts on this :)

eh no there was contact albeit minimal and he was travelling at speed, have you ever played football before?

Yes, and in his situation I'd have dived most likely. Just like he did.

Again you are wrong, I think there was contact simple as that. If it was as clear cut say like the Naismith elbow I would have no problem saying so but it's not IMO.

Likewise for your posts on this :)

I'd be throwing custard pies at yours if I could.

Yes, and in his situation I'd have dived most likely. Just like he did.

In your opinion, I think I'll leave it at that.

I'd be throwing custard pies at yours if I could.

Throw away I'm sure I can handle it but you don't seem to if someone disagrees with you :)

I dont think the appeal will be succesful.

Depite the fact that if they are to be consistent he should get away with it (maybe not by the exact letter of the law, but based on the way the SPL have previously handled incidents like O'Connor and Samaras). However, the way this has been whipped up amongst our media the outcry would be deafening of they did not continue to treat Rangers unevenly and hence I expect the punishment to stand. :(

I dont think the appeal will be succesful.

Depite the fact that if they are to be consistent he should get away with it (maybe not by the exact letter of the law, but based on the way the SPL have previously handled incidents like O'Connor and Samaras). However, the way this has been whipped up amongst our media the outcry would be deafening of they did not continue to treat Rangers unevenly and hence I expect the punishment to stand. :(

Yep, unfortunately I think you're right. They're coming down hard on us this season.

You will get the same outcry from the Rangers fans if they don't quash the ban. It would scream double standards to me if O'Connor gets off but Aluko doesn't.

Since when have double standards been taken into account in football? The barrel is full of rotten apples from the very top down to the very bottom.

Is there a body above the SFA in this country ... or shall I say Europe?

You cannot reasonably explain the way the SFA has handled cases against Rangers, as opposed to cases against other teams. The evidence is out there, in tv and photographic evidence alike. If this goes against Aluko, you'd have to call the impartiality of the SFA into doubt, not least that of their new chief inquisitor.

Are we now saying that a player can go down if an opposition player so much as touches his arm? Not holding or grabbing but touching!

Can you judge what is enough to bring a player down when he is at full speed and on the outermost point of Balance? I think that is the point Smith is making that it is not just black and White there is a large grey area in between.

Surely this is also the same as a player not being able to be called up for aggressive play if he receives a yellow card when it should have been red. The referee is judged to have seen it and dished out the punishment he felt was appropriate. The referee saw this clearly from what I could see and judged it as a penalty. That should be the end of it. We are told the referee always has good judgement in one ruling and the contrary in the other ruling. Consistency is far adrift in football.