Hamutenya joins Glascow Rangers

Hamutenya joins Glascow Rangers

Miguel Hamutenya, a 19-year-old Namibian soccer player signed a professional contract with Scottish football giants Glascow Rangers on Friday.

Hamutenya, who was part of the Bolton Wanderers Academy programme Edukicks for two years, attended trials with Rangers which he passed with flying colours, according to his agent Jonathan Hope.

“Miguel Hamutenya has been successful at trials with Glasgow Rangers and has subsequently been offered a pro contract. Glasgow Rangers have committed to this and we are now organising the required work permit to ensure the player can start immediately. Miguel has been outstanding in his trial period and has delivered a high standard of all the important criteria to be successful,” Hope said.

Glascow Rangers are the most successful club in Scottish history, having won the league title on 54 occasions, while they also won the Scottish League Cup 27 times and the Scottish Cup 33 times. Rangers is also one of the biggest clubs in Europe and has a history of producing and signing some of the best players in the world.

According to Hope, Hamutenya had the right attributes to make a success of his career.

“I have worked with names such as Cristiano Ronaldo and I can honestly say that Miguel is up there in terms of attitude and work rate. He is genuinely one of the nicest lads I have had the pleasure to work with and I see a very prosperous career for him. I think this is great for the people of Namibia to be associated with such a player and club and this should be an inspiration to other young players playing out of Namibia.”

“Glasgow Rangers have to be thanked and this is another building block of the new regime which excites me greatly. Gordon Smith and his team have such an exciting agenda and I am honoured to be apart of it all. I see big things coming from Rangers and I see a great future for young stars like Miguel",” he added.

Hamutenya told Namibia Sport that it was a huge honour to be signed by Rangers.

"I am so honoured at the prospect of playing in the Scottish Premier League. Rangers are a massive club and the staff and players are brilliant with me and I will settle in with ease. The facilities at Rangers are the best I have ever seen and we are looked after extremely well. I am going to get my head down and fight for my place in the team. I would like to thank my agent Jonathan Hope so much for believing in me and directing my career to the biggest club in Europe, without his honest guidance I don’t believe I would be here at this stage. Also I would like to thank Rangers for giving me a chance to be apart of their club. I am honoured and so happy,” he said.

Hope told Namibia Sport that he discovered Hamutenya at the Bolton Wanderers Academy two years ago.

“Miguel was part of the Bolton Wanderers Academy program EduKicks for two years and in that time I spotted him playing whilst down visiting my players and friends such as Marcos Alonso. I was really impressed with what I saw when Miguel was pointed out. He was very quick and his work rate was tremendous.”

“Afterwards I spoke with the player and he shocked me as to his upstanding attitude. For 18 years old he was so polite and mature and most importantly determined to improve and develop. There are natural talents such as attitude and work rate that you can’t teach and Miguel had it all.”

Hope then met with Miguel’s father Mathews Hamutenya, the executive director of the Namibian company Millenium Group to discuss his future.

“I spent some time assessing him and he reminds me of a young Patrick Evra and not to far off Marcos Alonso style of play. I then arranged to meet with his father Mathews Hamutenya and I explained I wanted to take him on as a client and I felt his talents would be best served in Scotland.”

According to Hope, Hamutenya earned a diploma in Sport Science whilst at the Bolton Academy while he also represented Namibia U20 on three occasions.

“Miguel has played for Namibia U21's three times and has had several call ups. This boy will be a massive player in Scotland and beyond. He will no doubt make the Namibian national side now and is a true role model to any young player.”

“Glasgow Rangers receive thousands of names on a daily basis and Miguel had no privileges and earned his contract on merit. He is very well respected and liked at his new club. He will also undertake an education course where he will further his off field studies,” he added.

http://www.namibiasport.com.na/node/21439

Your post is still in the transfer rumours thread Ian, but I've copied it to a new thread here for you too since the lad has signed. Hope that's ok mate.

No problem mate,glad you're here to keep me right:thup:

Whohoo ... someone signed and even Willie Vass did not spot him at Murray Park (or was asked not to show a photograph?) during the trial period? That's a change of events. Then again ... unless someone else reports it, I take it with the proverbial pinch of salt, for google gave me this ...

EduKick England alumni Miguel Hamutenya, a 19-year-old from Namibia, has just signed a professional contract with Israel Premier League club Bnei Sakhnin! This famous team is made up of Jews and Arabs, playing together on the same side.