Kris Boyd now a free agent

We need a complete forward and a poacher but Jelavic is the complete forward, so that leaves....

Even if we go for Boyd he will need to get fit and won't be near the team for a few weeks.

Was he fit even when he was playing regularly for us ? :devil:

Noticed a poll elsewhere tonight that simply asked "Would you take Boyd back?" and out of 400 votes almost 60% said yes, almost 20% said maybe and just over 20% said no.

I think what's important to consider whether you're a Boyd fan or not, is that with Naismith out for the season and there being a distinct possibility that Jelavic gets sold in January, Boyd could be a VERY handy player to have in the team.

Noticed a poll elsewhere tonight that simply asked "Would you take Boyd back?" and out of 400 votes almost 60% said yes, almost 20% said maybe and just over 20% said no.

I think what's important to consider whether you're a Boyd fan or not, is that with Naismith out for the season and there being a distinct possibility that Jelavic gets sold in January, Boyd could be a VERY handy player to have in the team.

Without guys like Naisy and Jela there to put chances on a plate for him, Boyd will struggle. If we lose Jela then we'll need an all round striker to partner Lafferty.

Much as though I would prefer Miller to Boyd.... if it was a straight "would you take Boyd back" I would have to say Yes. We dont have natural goalscorers in the squad. However, I would also still have to caveat that with a "depends on the wages offered".

Would I take him back though ? Yes, he could score goals for us and we are struggling in that department presently.

Without guys like Naisy and Jela there to put chances on a plate for him, Boyd will struggle. If we lose Jela then we'll need an all round striker to partner Lafferty.

Dont disagree Danny - however, we lack not just the creativity to MAKE chances, we currently are struggling for someone TAKE the chances. Jelavic is hardly firing on all cylinders and Lafferty is just ocming back from injury. Healy is apparently surplus to requirements and we would prefer to play 1 up front rather than try the others available.

As I said earlier in the thread he was scoring goals in a less creative Kilmarnock team. He also did alright at Nottingham Forest, their fans seem to want him as well.

Guest superrcooper7

Tic are looking for a striker in January Danny, how would you feel about our Gers team facing up to them including Boyd in their line-up?

Daft I know and very tounge in cheek.