Ajax -AZ abandoned through a hooligan

Zappa, he should have walked away? Did he know if the guy was going to get up again?What would you have done in that situation?

I think I'd probably have done exactly the same as the keeper BD, but then I'm not a pro footballer getting paid 10's of thousands a week to be a pro footballer. The fact that I would maybe have done the same or similar and sympathise with the keeper since he was clearly attacked doesn't mean that what he did is right. In terms of losing the plot and professional discipline within the sport it's a bit like the Zidane head-but incident for me. Not in terms of the initial cause, but in terms of the OTT and unprofessional reaction.

Goalie does look a bit of a nutter but then he's a goalie I've never meet a sensible one. Don't remember TLB getting much stick for putting the boot into that guy Wilson when he was down.

What's the hooligan level like these days in Holland Pete?

The most scared I've ever been at a game was when we played Feyenoord their fans were absolutely mental, its the only time I've ever thought I wasn't coming home from a game of football.

Didn't someone run onto a tennis court and stab Monica Seles? If it can happen in tennis it can definately happen in football.

Self defence wouldve been one kick then get tae!

Says who?

I've seen plenty of fights in the street. Not seen many stop after one hit. A guy comes to attack you and I say you have the right to really deter him from coming back for more. 1 kick wouldn't do that for many.

You mention a Tennis player getting stabbed. Could have happened to the keeper after one kick and then stop to see what happens.

Also he never "kicked the shit out of him" zappa.

Goalie does look a bit of a nutter but then he's a goalie I've never meet a sensible one. Don't remember TLB getting much stick for putting the boot into that guy Wilson when he was down.

What's the hooligan level like these days in Holland Pete?

The most scared I've ever been at a game was when we played Feyenoord their fans were absolutely mental, its the only time I've ever thought I wasn't coming home from a game of football.

Not much trouble in or near the ground the most seems to be organised via the internet away from the ground. Utrecht supporters rioted last week against Twente after Twente supporters were supposed to have thrown fireworks into the Utrecht support. Later it was proven that the fireworks were firstly thrown from the Utrecht side and the Twente supporters had picked them up and returned them. As I said there were clashes with roughly 100 Utrecht supporters and the Police outside the ground.

Feynoord supporters are probably the most mental and I witnessed it myself when I took my Scottish brother-in-law and his son to one of the last games at the old Twente stadium. Feynoord supporters started breaking out of their own enclosure and climbing into ours. Obviously the people sitting near the fence started to run. I was also getting geared up to run when thankfully the guy next to me advised us to stay in our seats. Shortly after the riot police came marching in and were just walloping anyone that was moving with their batons. They did get the problem sorted out thankfully but they were battering anyone and everyone whether they were just trying to get away or not.

I suppose the end justifies the means.

Says who?

I've seen plenty of fights in the street. Not seen many stop after one hit. A guy comes to attack you and I say you have the right to really deter him from coming back for more. 1 kick wouldn't do that for many.

You mention a Tennis player getting stabbed. Could have happened to the keeper after one kick and then stop to see what happens.

Says me. The hooligan was on the deck even before the GK kicked him the 1st time. The 2nd kick was one kick too far. The GK should've got tae feck after the 1st kick.

Like I said, the guy was on the deck even before the GK landed his 1st kick.

I think the bottom line is though, that a fan running onto the pitch with a knife and trying to stab or slash a football player is an extremely unlikely scenario. It could happen, but out of all the pitch invasions in Europe there's only a few countries where you might be worried about the fans and Holland isn't really one of them these days, is it?

Dutch fans are mental. If any fan is capable of doing it it's a fan from Holland.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16300956.stm

youtube links keep getting pulled so here's the BBC one. It's violent conduct so the ref had to obey the letter of the law. The keeper should have shown some restraint, the guy was down, stewards were getting there. Obviously you don't expect to be attacked whilst going about your job, but you do have to show a certain amount of restraint and he should have just got himself out of there.

Says me. The hooligan was on the deck even before the GK kicked him the 1st time. The 2nd kick was one kick too far. The GK should've got tae feck after the 1st kick.

Like I said, the guy was on the deck even before the GK landed his 1st kick.

I think it's the victim not the attacker who's health we should be worried about and if the assailant ends up getting a bit hurt with the victim ensuring that they are in no more danger/are fully detering their attacker then that's just fine imo.