Ajax -AZ abandoned through a hooligan

Guest superrcooper7
I don't know Dutch law so can't comment.

Fair enough. Police I have unfortunately encountered haven't a clue of the law or whats right or wrong in this country tbh.

Being serious or sarcastic ? I think he was quite right to boot the fucker, he has no idea what the guy was carrying.

Absolutely serious! Thirty years ago nobody would have thought much of it because players were getting away with violence, but football today is very different. The keeper didn't just act in self defense, he lost the plot and might even have chinned the ref if he hadn't been held back. Total loss of discipline as far as the modern game is concerned.

Latest.

The Police have asked Estaban to put in an official complaint and he has agreed to do that.

The hooligan will be kept overnight for questioning.

I am just wondering what will happen if the hooligan puts in an official complaint against Estaban?

Fair enough. Police I have unfortunately encountered haven't a clue of the law or whats right or wrong in this country tbh.

What has a footballing incident that happened in Holland got to do with you encountering cops in Scotland?

Absolutely serious! Thirty years ago nobody would have thought much of it because players were getting away with violence, but football today is very different. The keeper didn't just act in self defense, he lost the plot and might even have chinned the ref if he hadn't been held back. Total loss of discipline as far as the modern game is concerned.

This really had nothing to do with football so I dont get the comparison between 30 yrs ago and today.

A fan running onto the pitch and attempting to kick the GK is NOTHING to do with football. I honestly have a great deal of sympathy with the GK because the guy quite obviously tried to boot him and, to me, he defended himself - at least with the first kick. Just put yourself in the same position and you feel you are defending yourself from someone you have no idea if he is carrying a knife or other weapon, or wants to get nack up and have another go..... to then have the ref show you a red card for that.

Very easy for us all to sit here and say "shouldnt have dont that" - far different cry from being put in that position yourself.

Funny Gav, I actually thought that the AZ coach brought his players off more because they were down 1-0 and had their GK sent off than to protect the safety of his players. Opinions, eh ? :D

Guest superrcooper7
What has a footballing incident that happened in Holland got to do with you encountering cops in Scotland?

Nothing probably, just saying about the police I have encountered, not the fairest lot in the world.

He'll spend the night in the cells too presumably if he's treated the same as the hooligan.

He is on his way home on the players bus and I don't think he will be arrested tonight but I do think the Police would have to charge him if a complaint is made. As the ref says he could have walked away.