Ajax -AZ abandoned through a hooligan

He is on his way home on the players bus and I don't think he will be arrested tonight but I do think the Police would have to charge him if a complaint is made. As the ref says he could have walked away.

Maybe the hooligan said he wanted to make a complaint but the cops battered him to say otherwise.

This really had nothing to do with football so I dont get the comparison between 30 yrs ago and today.

A fan running onto the pitch and attempting to kick the GK is NOTHING to do with football. I honestly have a great deal of sympathy with the GK because the guy quite obviously tried to boot him and, to me, he defended himself - at least with the first kick. Just put yourself in the same position and you feel you are defending yourself from someone you have no idea if he is carrying a knife or other weapon, or wants to get nack up and have another go..... to then have the ref show you a red card for that.

Very easy for us all to sit here and say "shouldnt have dont that" - far different cry from being put in that position yourself.

Funny Gav, I actually thought that the AZ coach brought his players off more because they were down 1-0 and had their GK sent off than to protect the safety of his players. Opinions, eh ? :D

The keeper shouldn't have started trying to kick the shit out of the guy when he was on the ground Craig. If he'd walked away the situation would have been dealt with and he wouldn't have got a red card. Obviously I do sympathise with the keeper to a good extent, but to me he lost his discipline as a professional when he started booting the fan on the ground.

Get in there keeper. Stewards failed to keep him off the field of play,for all we or the keeper knew was that the fan had a knife and was planning to use it...

At that part of the ground they have built a platform in the safety moat so that handicapped supporters can be nearer the field of play. The hoolgan used this platform to enter the field. Unfortunately one of the consequences of this is that the handicapped supporters will have to be moved and the platform taken away.