Ajax -AZ abandoned through a hooligan

The Dutch FA have cancelled the red card.

Interesting. I think there needs to be some sort of official ruling here whereby players are not being carded for being assaulted at grounds. Its a farcical situation.

I dont know the ins and outs of the law, but if that happened in the street or another work place I would be shocked if the keeper faced any charges or issues from the police and the same should be true in a game of football. Shouldn't be punished for defending yourself, even if you "take it to far" (which I still don't believe he did).

Update.

The Dutch FA have cancelled the red card.

It has become known that the hooligan already had a stadium ban and shouldn`t have been inside the ground at all.

Did they cancel the red card because of the banning order pete or independently ? Should be independently, right ?

Being serious or sarcastic ? I think he was quite right to boot the fucker, he has no idea what the guy was carrying.

BH will know best but I am astounded the keeper got sent off for that !

The referee was 100% correct to send the goalkeeper off for violent conduct. VC can be against a player in your own team (once happened to me in my amateur career) or a spectator e.g. Cantona & El haj Diouf or an official.

I am incredulous that the Dutch FA reportedly have reversed the red card. I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA step in to set them right.

The Goalie was spot on imo. Self defence and only two kicks on the guy to ensure he didn't want to get up for more. Definitely not excessive force and I would actually have been less restrained in defending myself. Should not get carded for that imo. What are players supposed to do, roll into the foetal position until help arrives?

I can't believe you are being serious here. How can it be self defence to kick a guy not once but twice when he's lying on the ground?

Agree with BH on this. The keeper was wrong to over-react and the manager was wrong to take his squad off the field of play. In both cases they were breaking the rules of the game and you don't just break the rules of the game because some idiot runs on the park.

The referee was 100% correct to send the goalkeeper off for violent conduct. VC can be against a player in your own team (once happened to me in my amateur career) or a spectator e.g. Cantona & El haj Diouf or an official.

I am incredulous that the Dutch FA reportedly have reversed the red card. I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA step in to set them right.

Why did the Dutch FA rescind the red card then ?

The referee said he had to follow the letter of the law and give a red card. When the hooligan went to ground Estaban could have walked away but chose to kick the hooligan. He said he had no other option but to give red. It is now up to the KNVB to decide what is to happen with the rest of the game.

Options.

Game will start where it finished and the remaining time will be played with AZ having 10 men.

Game will be replayed.

Ajax who led 1-0 will be put through.

Ajax will be thrown out due to not guaranteeing AZ's safety.

The hooligan was thought to be drunk and stated to security that he couldn't stand the AZ keeper.

Ajax stated that no matter what he will have a lifetime ban from the stadium.

The game will or certainly should be awarded to Ajax and AZ and their coach heavily punished for walking off.

I have never heard of a game being replayed with a team starting with 10 men far less for the remaining time. Either it is replayed from the KO or not all, in my opinion it will be not at all.

Ajax will or should be fined because of the fan on the pitch (although not if it was in the SPL!) but othwerwise they didn't cause the match to be abandoned that was AZ.