Ajax -AZ abandoned through a hooligan

When was the last time a fan ran onto a football pitch and stabbed a player?

Didn't someone run onto a tennis court and stab Monica Seles? If it can happen in tennis it can definately happen in football.

Self defence wouldve been one kick then get tae!

The fan in question could then have the player charged with assault, or vice versa ?? Mind you in saying that the "big man" that threw the guy of the train now has an assault charged against him and the boy who said he had a ticket has been reported to the PF

Meanwhile the student accused of fare dodging, 19-year-old Sam Main from Falkirk, has also been reported to the procurator fiscal service, which decides whether to prosecute alleged crimes in Scotland.

He has been reported under Section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing Act Scotland, and in connection with an allegation of trespass.

Didn't someone run onto a tennis court and stab Monica Seles? If it can happen in tennis it can definately happen in football.

Self defence wouldve been one kick then get tae!

Monica Seles was stabbed in the back by a supporter. I would say that it could not happen at football grounds because supporters are searched before entry but due to recent incidents in Holland of fireworks being thrown into the opposing supporters and my own experience at games they may stop you taking in a bazooka or a rocket launcher but it would be easy to get a knife in to a game.

Monica Seles was stabbed in the back by a supporter. I would say that it could not happen at football grounds because supporters are searched before entry but due to recent incidents in Holland of fireworks being thrown into the opposing supporters and my own experience at games they may stop you taking in a bazooka or a rocket launcher but it would be easy to get a knife in to a game.

I think the bottom line is though, that a fan running onto the pitch with a knife and trying to stab or slash a football player is an extremely unlikely scenario. It could happen, but out of all the pitch invasions in Europe there's only a few countries where you might be worried about the fans and Holland isn't really one of them these days, is it? Turkey and some of the eastern European countries are obviously a different story, but they generally have quite high fence barriers in these countries to stop anyone invading.

Can't blame the keeper. he was attacked and it's a naturla reation to defend yourself. After that the adrenaline kicks in.

I also don't blame the manager for getting his team out of there. His player wan't protected and then ends up getting sent off becaiuse an opposition fan attacks him.

Zappa, he should have walked away? Did he know if the guy was going to get up again?What would you have done in that situation?

Can't blame the keeper. he was attacked and it's a naturla reation to defend yourself. After that the adrenaline kicks in.

I also don't blame the manager for getting his team out of there. His player wan't protected and then ends up getting sent off becaiuse an opposition fan attacks him.

Zappa, he should have walked away? Did he know if the guy was going to get up again?What would you have done in that situation?

The grey area is when the adrenaline kicks in. I find it very dangerous to say that someone who has lost control is in the right to hit out. Lets say my wife tries to punch me in the face. I stop her blow and then have a couple of punches at her. Am I then classed to be just defending myself. I find that a very doubtful defence to be honest.