I hate this shite going on on all the mb's atm that we "shouldn't need the ref's help" to beat lesser teams.

It seems by most people's reckoning if the opposition just chopped our players every time we got the ball and the ref gave nothing and we didn't win a game then we get what we deserve.

Bullshit.

Its not the ref's "help". He is there to enforce the rules of the game, it's his job. In many of the penalty incidents where we have not had the award, if the oppostion player had not comitted the offence we may have scored. That is why a penalty should be awarded.

This is getting on my nerves.

In our last four games we have had:

3 possible pens, at least one stone wall, not given v ICT.

A baffling penalty gifted to Livorno.

A baffling penalty given to St. Mirren.

A stone waller not given v 'Well.

That has cost us 3-5 points in the league over just the last few games. you could go further back to Killie for example costing us another two.

No I'm not saying it is purely down to poor refereeing. But how can you say it even's out over the season when we are dropping points to scandalous decisions week in week out.

The ref's of this country are a shambles.

It has to be the easiest job in the world. It doesn't matter how bad you are or maybe how much you cheat you have job security and the backing of your bosses.

Yep, this is a problem that needs to be adressed by the league. Ref's need to be punished for making or not making what seems to be to everyone else easy decisions. The problem we have is that these decisions are affecting our results. People will say ' You can't always blame the refs ' but getting 3,4 or 5 bad decisions against you in games can not only affect results but confidence. Players go out worrying about the ref's performance instead of their own. Thats my worry. You can blame refs of course, but not forever.

Sorry, but i just don't buy it. When you start blaming more than the odd game not going our way because of ref decisions, its a sign of desperation. FWIW I think that these things usually do even up over a season.

Ref's in every country are under immense pressure these days, mainly due to the fact that every single controversial decision will be analysed in slow motion repla, often from different angles. I think there are good and bad refs and that we do have a number of really poor ones in the SPL, but I class a poor ref as one who loses control of games and ends up dishing out loads of cards whlie stopping the flow of the match. Oh, and what about the divers and cheats, they can't make it easy for them either.

In a one-off big game I can totally understand the frustration, but at the moment we're our own worst enemy and should be killing off these games, the odd appealed decision shouldn't even be concerning us.

I think the problem with refereeing in this country is that we have one or two alright refs and the rest are mediocre. The low quality refereeing has continued on from last season.

I think that the refs give poor decisions for and against rangers. Sometimes the referee's get swayed by the big crowds at Ibrox and Parkhead and sometimes the big atmosphere gets to them.

Since Hugh Dallas retired we've not really had a premier division quality referee. It's something the SFA need to look at as the standard cant remain at consistently poor

Sorry, but i just don't buy it. When you start blaming more than the odd game not going our way because of ref decisions, its a sign of desperation.

I disagree. When four out of your last four games the biggest decisions go against you it can hardly be deemed "desperate" and that shows little sign of things being "even". That is consistently poor decisions going against us and costing us games. If it was one offs I would accept your point. But you canot be so blase about these things when its happening every single week.

I would say it is extremely difficult to pick out as many of these big decisions going our way.

The standard of refereeing is shocking and needs to be looked at. This is another example of our dignified silence not working. In the St. Mirren game when they benefitted from the most scandalous penalty in living memory, GM pointed out the "soft" free kick for Adam's goal. Nothing is mentioned in the press re the pen. All attention foucses on GM's comments. This is ridiculous.

But the ref is the same for both teams, its not like its just the Gers that get poor decisions going against us. I agree that the standard isn't high, but if we go down this road we'll be no better than certain other teams who constantly hammer on about a conspiracy theory.

We're in a bit of a lull at the moment and when that happens, all the decisions seem to go against you as well, just to add insult to injury. The team need to pull together and show some fight.

The problem we have is that in an SPL game, we will typically create many more chances than our opponent. At the moment, we're not taking as many of the chances as we should be, so little decisions like penalty claims become big decisions and talking points when they really shouldn't be.

It's easy to focus on bad (well not bad - shocking!) decisions to try and make one's self feel better or make excuses.

However, I wouldn't say we do that regularly and there's no doubt the officiating in the last few games has been nothing short of disgraceful so I think is has been a crucial contributor to our poor results.

At the minute it seems as if we're playing against 12 men at times and although our form isn't good enough and esseentially, we're to blame, I think it's about time we made more of poor refereeing not less.

we have had shocking decision against us

ascender would you still say that if st mirren and livorno toke points off us with those shocking penalty decisions

i really doubt it

we should have had a clear penalty on saturday

but saying that i thought scott mcdonald should have got one on the last minute but the ref shat himself no to give it after the fans were right on his back after we never got one