Be Weiss Coisty. Bring back wee Vlad.

As far as I know, Weiss is now into the final year of his Man City contract as it ends in December. The wee man scored 5 goals and clocked up 9 assists for us in just over 20 SPL appearances last season.

Loves Rangers, incredibly talented, still young, wouldn't cost a total fortune and would have a good sell-on value if we secured him on a long enough contract.

I know it's maybe highly doubtful, but if Ally DID have a couple of million to burn on a single player this January, wee Vlad would be a cracking buy. :smokin:

On the subject of Weiss, was watching the Espanyol Barca match the other day and his name came up on the second half ticker at the bottom. I must have searched for him on the pitch for 20 minutes before they finally cut to the bench and there he was.

Nice wee error there from Sky.

To address your point, I know you have a total hardon for the guy, maybe like I do for Healy. He's a left winger mainly, and it has to be said we're more than full in that area. Unless he's a right winger I don't see any reason to bring him on board. I'm not sure also that he'd go for only £2M.

Vladimir Weiss? What a brilliant wee player he was for us....what about that clever, sneeky quick free kick he took to help win us another trophy?

His eyes of precision, his deft pass to another sublime talent Jelavic.

Take him back like yesterday....him and Jela, MAGIC.

I think Weiss was somewhat over-rated as for every piece of magic (and there were several) there was an anonymous display. Typical of most wingers really so not a direct criticism of him.

However, what he offered was something different which could change games - he had skill, pace, could beat a man, create chances and score goals himself. Sure, he was inconsistent but, as Aluko has shown, such players can be invaluable.

Unfortunately, despite the lad's obvious love of the club, I doubt we'll be able to attract or afford him.

Wallace is doing fine at left wing and has Wylde and Kerkar now as back-up. Aluko is doing fine at right wing and we may indeed utilize Wylde there if need be.

Now, Aluko, much like Naismith and Weiss (IMHO) is someone who can be used in a free roving role, interchanging winger and inside left/righ positions as they see fit. Given their quality, the three of them would run havoc in the SPL, if they have strikers to play with. IMHO, should we have the money (e.g. selling McGregor or Jela), Weiss would be high on my list, as would be a couple of strikers.

Personally i'd love to see the wee man back. He will be a better player after his time in Spain and after his time with us. But strengthening in the creative department behind the striker has to be main priority as well as another front man. But in saying that, i'd really like to see him back, he KNOWS what it's all about at Rangers.

He's a left winger mainly, and it has to be said we're more than full in that area. Unless he's a right winger I don't see any reason to bring him on board.

Walter played him mainly as a left winger, but he's not just a left winger. He plays either wing or even more centrally behind a striker or two. I've seen him play left, right and centrally and he's looked highly skilled and extremely dangerous in all positions, causing defenders serious problems.

Now, Aluko, much like Naismith and Weiss (IMHO) is someone who can be used in a free roving role, interchanging winger and inside left/righ positions as they see fit. Given their quality, the three of them would run havoc in the SPL, if they have strikers to play with.

This is my way of thinking too dB. I know we have Aluko at the moment and Naismith due to come back for next season hopefully, but I'd be delighted if we could be going into next season with all three of Weiss, Naismith and Aluko. Teams would genuinely fear us with those 3 players in our squad.

As for Weiss, if we were to sell Jelavic and Ally were to be given a few million to spend, I think buying Weiss plus a couple of cheaper goal scoring strikers would be the right way forward.