You can see straight away after a short run of games how he landed himself a trial with Juventus. He's a very good wee player.

If we don't get him signed up on a longer contract asap he certainly won't be short of offers from other clubs.

He has some very impressive ability but lacks the consistency to keep doing it. It comes in bursts and starts. Hateley said it's a mental thing with him, that he has to believe in his ability and may lack esteem and even confidence.

He's probably right.

He has some very impressive ability but lacks the consistency to keep doing it. It comes in bursts and starts. Hateley said it's a mental thing with him, that he has to believe in his ability and may lack esteem and even confidence.

He's probably right.

Show me a winger that plays great every game, they all seem to blow hot and cold.

Show me a winger that plays great every game, they all seem to blow hot and cold.

I was going to say something similar. Even the ones brimming with confidence and self esteem aren't consistant.

I was going to say something similar. Even the ones brimming with confidence and self esteem aren't consistant.

As I said during the game today, Aluko came into the game when he was given a free role and not stay pinned to the wing. Bartley was just punting the ball up the park or passing into the middle making Aluko redundant. It was a bit worrying how the St Johnstone winger left Bartley for dead on a few occasions. I doubt if he will ever get a game for Arsenal to be honest.