Rangers (Azure) suspend chef

I think the question is: How does it impact on his job???

During the course of his work, is he behaving in a sectarian manner etc? If it is not impacting on his work, I see no reason for disciplinary action from Azure. At most, I would think that Rangers could request he be moved to another site/contract. However, this may give the guy grounds to complain that he is being singled out because of his religious beliefs....

Didn't know The IRA was a religion.

It's not.....but I'm sure a silver tongued lawyer/solicitor would be able to put it across like that @ a tribunal.

Should maybe of worded it differently...Personal beliefs may have been more apt....

But considering the players are worth hundreds of thousands and millions then you'd like to think Rangers, as a club run checks of any staff working within Murray Park as they'll be working close to the players. The Azure staff at Ibrox don't need this as they work in the kiosks nowhere near the playing or coaching staff.

Just a thought.

Does the club have a right to do background checks ?

I would have thought that the contract between RFC and Azure stipulates that Azure has proper hiring procedures, including background checks if requested by RFC. This shouldnt be RFC's responsibility, nor expense.

I get your point, and agree that background checks are necessary - I just dont agree that this should be RFC's responsibility. Even if the club take it upon itself to undertake a background check I fail to see how the club would be the ones in bother if he takes it to a tribunal. The suspension has been undertaken by Azure, as his employers - how does that make Rangers culpable ?

Yeah, I do. However, I don't see how giving the thumbs up is enough to suspend someone from their job. Maybe hes just happy to be there. Big deal! Posting pictures on FB of you standing next to a mural doesn't mean you're some sort of terrorist either. There will be thousands of photos on FB of people standing next to a mural.

Until Azure, RANGERS and us know the full circumstances, you can't really condone the guy.

I can certainly condemn him and his views and anyone who thinks it's not a big deal to show support for terrorist groups who murdered many people.

I would have thought a Chef worshipping at the altar of the IRA would be looking to ply his/her trade in a niche market.

Culinary triumphs that can be consumed through a hole in your balaclava. May I suggest samphire with semtex?

If ra Chef de Semtex is intent on persuing a self employed future, he could go with the following company name suggestions, 'SniperSnax', 'HungerMonger', or ArmaliteBites'.

I can certainly condemn him and his views and anyone who thinks it's not a big deal to show support for terrorist groups who murdered many people.

Again, in what way was he supporting the IRA? By sticking his thumbs up? Sorry but I don't agree.

Again, in what way was he supporting the IRA? By sticking his thumbs up? Sorry but I don't agree.

I think the photos are certainly distasteful, but I think that more evidence would be required to PROVE that he was an IRA supporter - especially in an employment tribunal!!!

Mountain out of a mole hill methinks....