Davie Weir to leave this week

a great servant indeed but we really shouldn't have anyone of his age on the books. we should have been developing the likes of mcmillan and perry instead. Another is Mcculloch who has run his time at the club and is displacing youngsters from any first team action that will enhance their careers.

I said at the time when fleck came through at 16 he didnt have a chance in hell of getting near the first team and i was proved correct. Mcmillan, Perry, Hutton Cole for example will all follow the same career path and would do them selves a massive favour by leaving the club.

Only Ness seems to have a chance if he can get himself fit.

Great player for us even though I have been a critic of his because of his pace, but his reading of the game is top notch also helps out those beside him.

Shame he can't get a send off at the weekend if he is leaving on Friday.

Is there any particular reason for him leaving on Friday ?

One would like to think he could be paraded on Saturday ???

I'd say there's a pretty good chance that they've arranged for the word to go out that he's saying his fairwells and leaving on Friday so that the club have a wee surprise for the matchday fans on Saturday.... I'll be surprised if he doesn't get a wee send off at Ibrox.