Nikica Jelavic

Remember when we were pursuing this guy when he played for Rapid? We as fans were celebrating when he spat the dummy and wouldn't play for them again.

I've a feeling we'll now see that again but this time, it'll be us on the receiving end.

AMcC - Jelavic is not available for tomorrow suffering from a sickness that has also affected several other younger players.

AMcC - There has been no futher bids for Jelavic and he is hopeful that the Croatian will still be a #RFC player as the window closes.

AMcC - He comments that he is sensible enough to know that in football circumstances can change.

Remember when we were pursuing this guy when he played for Rapid? We as fans were celebrating when he spat the dummy and wouldn't play for them again.

I've a feeling we'll now see that again but this time, it'll be us on the receiving end.

Just thought I'd shamelessly whore/quote my blog :):

Another slight gamble was arguably his attitude; in order to force through this move, Jelavic refused to play for Wien against Villa in the Europa League. His club owner Rudolph Edlinger was not happy about this, and publicly castigated the Croat for this action

"For a player of this quality to leave the club through the back door without a dignified farewell is something I do not like. Coach Peter Pacult is just as concerned as I am. This is a slap in the face to thousands of fans."

But the transfer, as mentioned, went through, and the bitter end to his time in Austria was soon forgotten.

http://ibroxnoise.blogspot.com/2012/01/is-jelly-seton-leaving.html

I find it hard to know what players want these day, but their attitude tells me it's just loads and loads of money. The Tevez debacle would say that that is not even enough these days.

They certainly appear to have far too much power, and they use it badly IMO.

seems to me that players are getting very Diva-ish!!!

The media hypes them up to almost god-like status, which the players eventually start to believe themselves. They earn an absolute shed load of cash for doing VERY little compared to your average Joe punter.

IMHO, Sandaza is a perfect example. Rangers are a massive step up from St Johnstone (even with all our current issues), yet he feels he deserves better, and will be a man in demand come the end of the season....

For me Jela is being the perfect professional. Who's to say he Isnt ill? He was quoted the other day as saying he'll wait to.see what happens with offers and If nothing comes in that the club want,then he's with a great club anyway. He isn't saying he won't play for us. He's still top goal scorer in the SPL so we are quite entitled to hold out for what we value him at. Personally I think we should get £10mill for him regardless if people on here think he's worth that or not. For too long now the English market is so overpriced and why shouldn't we take advantage of that if we can.bout time I say. 18m for Henderson,35m for caroll,50m for torres,10m Connor wickham(who?) These are just examples of either overpriced players or 'potential' great players signed at a price. For years now,we have undervalued our players,fair play to us for holding out for what we want,no matter where the money we get will go.

In the past 7 seasons we've sold Boumsong to Newcastle for £8m, Hutton to Spurs for £9m and Cuellar to Villa for £7.8m.

None of these players proved to be worth the money, when it comes to SPL players anything more than £7m for Jelavic is a big gamble by West Ham.

I think Villa fans would argue about Cuellar - he did pretty well after initially struggling to get in their team. Hutton was just never rated by 'Arry, and it was after all Ramos who signed him. Boumsong was abysmal for Newcastle, seems to have sorted himself out though.

However, blatant successes have included Petrov and Ferguson.