Will Ally be considering his position?

Do you trust Ally to buy anyone decent his track record isn't great. He would've known he wasn't getting much if any of the Jela money but what did we get in January nothing but midfielders and defenders on trial when everyone and their dog knew we needed strikers even before Jela left.

So if Ally wants to walk because he feels hard done by when he is in the same boat as every other manager in Scotland, then leave Ally and watch the door doesn't hit you on the arse on the way out.

STV report McCoist met Whyte yesterday evening and urged him to bid £2M for Grant Holt. Whyte then bid less than half that allegedly. So do we take from that Whyte is prepared to back McCoist but doesn't have the funds to do so?

or

Is Whyte trying to force McCoist to walk knowing full well the Holt bid wouldn't be accepted.

We had similar bids in the summer for Goodwillie and Juhasz to name but a few.

Ally actually thought he would get Holt out of Norwich for 2mil either he's more stupid than I think when it comes to transfers or the story is pish.

Going by that story you have to ask if it was Ally going with the low bids during the summer because he seriously doesn't think he would've got Holt for 2mill.

Edited by GovanAllan

STV report McCoist met Whyte yesterday evening and urged him to bid £2M for Grant Holt. Whyte then bid less than half that allegedly. So do we take from that Whyte is prepared to back McCoist but doesn't have the funds to do so?

or

Is Whyte trying to force McCoist to walk knowing full well the Holt bid wouldn't be accepted.

We had similar bids in the summer for Goodwillie and Juhasz to name but a few.

If it is true then I sort of agree with Whyte, Holt is an unrealistic and unobtainable target, what got into Ally's mind that he would join?

Do you trust Ally to buy anyone decent his track record isn't great. He would've known he wasn't getting much if any of the Jela money but what did we get in January nothing but midfielders and defenders on trial when everyone and their dog knew we needed strikers even before Jela left.

So if Ally wants to walk because he feels hard done by when he is in the same boat as every other manager in Scotland, then leave Ally and watch the door doesn't hit you on the arse on the way out.

So Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace & Aluko have all been busts have they ? Come on, that is harsh. Yes there have been failures but every single manager has failures.

So Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace & Aluko have all been busts have they ? Come on, that is harsh. Yes there have been failures but every single manager has failures.

50% is just a pass, was trying to make the point if I was Whyte and every penny is a prisoner I wouldn't be to keen on giving him major funds in January. When his scouts can't find one decent striker to get in on the neverending trialist treadmill, that's why I think the trust between the two of them is shot to pieces.

You have to ask where's Smith in all this isn't he meant to be the go between that Ally goes to with the players he wants and Smith tells him the budget he does or doesn't have.

50% is just a pass, was trying to make the point if I was Whyte and every penny is a prisoner I wouldn't be to keen on giving him major funds in January. When his scouts can't find one decent striker to get in on the neverending trialist treadmill, that's why I think the trust between the two of them is shot to pieces.

You have to ask where's Smith in all this isn't he meant to be the go between that Ally goes to with the players he wants and Smith tells him the budget he does or doesn't have.

But there is the rub Allan. With Whyte every penny IS a prisoner. So what manager COULD he trust with ANY funds ? Answer - none.

I dont think finding a decent striker is that easy even if you are PAYING for him. To find one in the trialist market ? Horrible task IMO.