Craig Whyte speaks to the Sun and sets record straight

He says "we" spent £4m on the Ibrox refurbishment.

Maybe he's counting the club spending money on the stadium in his calculations Craig.... :sneaky:

You could be right... but that would be a very significant stretch to suggest that the stadium refurbishments are part of an investment in the playing squad.....

He says "we" spent £4m on the Ibrox refurbishment.

Maybe he's counting the club spending money on the stadium in his calculations Craig.... :sneaky:

I think it's because Mr Whyte considers the club to be his and his alone and the sooner he rids himself of the irritation of 26,000 odd shareholders the better.

Think we'll ever get back to just talking about football I live for the day all this crap is over.

I think we all do GA (aside from us accountants :D) - but when our owner is perpetrating what seems like double-talk and others will back it without any evidence then we are left to do nothing but surmise and make conjecture. All a rather sad state of affairs

Wasn't that paid by others like Azure?

The poster Bears on here said earlier last year before Whyte even took over that he'd spoken to the stadium manager several times when down for lunch midweek and had been told that Azure (actually owned by Elior IIRC) were going to be refurbishing the concourses and catering facilities in the summer (2011) at a cost of something like £1.7m. Whether the club took on that responsibility and cost after the Craig Whyte takeover I don't know....

Another thing I heard last year before the takeover was that the big screens in the stadium would be getting fixed or replaced with money from a grant relating to the upcoming 2014 commonwealth games. No idea if it's true or not, but Craig Whyte has taken credit for the big screens, so maybe the Commonwealth games grant wasn't true or CW has said "keep your grant, we'll pay for the refurbs ourselves"....

Another thing I heard last year before the takeover was that the big screens in the stadium would be getting fixed or replaced with money from a grant relating to the upcoming 2014 commonwealth games. No idea if it's true or not, but Craig Whyte has taken credit for the big screens, so maybe the Commonwealth games grant wasn't true or CW has said "keep your grant, we'll pay for the refurbs ourselves"....

Is it just me or does anybody else think that the new screens are not in fact "new", they don't look much better than the old ones and the quality seems far inferior to other big screen systems I've seen recently.

Is it just me or does anybody else think that the new screens are not in fact "new", they don't look much better than the old ones and the quality seems far inferior to other big screen systems I've seen recently.

Lots of missing pixels after only one game. :(

I heard that the screens had been approved by the board several months befoe Whyte took over. I haven't heard tabout the grant but that would make sense.