Fabio Capello resignation

The Football Association can confirm that Fabio Capello has today resigned as England Manager.

This follows a meeting involving FA Chairman David Bernstein, FA General Secretary Alex Horne and Fabio Capello at Wembley Stadium.

The discussions focused on The FA Boardâ??s decision to remove the England team captaincy from John Terry, and Fabio Capelloâ??s response through an Italian broadcast interview.

In a meeting for over an hour, Fabioâ??s resignation was accepted and he will leave the post of England Manager with immediate effect.

David Bernstein said: â??I would like to stress that during todayâ??s meeting and throughout his time as England Manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner. We have accepted Fabioâ??s resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future.â?

A media conference with David Bernstein and the Club England Management team will take place at Wembley on Thursday at 12 noon.

The FA will not be making any further comment until the media conference.

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/080212.aspx

Guest superrcooper7

I think this has probably been coming and maybe an excuse for all parties.

I do hope Redknapp isn't the next manager though as I like him at Spurs. Seems a genuine nice guy of football, and innocent of the tax fraud case lol