FF says: Aluko, Papac, Healy and Bartley have all been released today

Then again ...

Liam McLeod @liammcleod79

The administrators for #Rangers say no players or Ibrox staff will be sacked today.They say it'll be next week before anyone's told

Martyn McLaughlin @MartynMcL

Duff & Phelps also refute rumours that players have been asked to play without being paid #Rangers

I can see why Aluko, Bartely and Healy would be released giving the deals they are on but why would Papac be released if he is 'our' player.

Aluko and Papac would be good to keep but we could do without Bartley and Healy.

Apart from Hemmings who is only just returning from injury and Lafferty, who else do we have as a striker?

I'd keep Healy for that alone.

Looks like McCulloch could be filling in that role. Id probably have Jig upfront ahead of Healy anyway.

The best guess is that any players with either no resale value or in the final year of their contract will be released. This would be normal for an admin to do to cut the wage bill. This is why Papac Bartley, healy and Aluko have been mentioned. I would add McCulloch and Alexander to that list as well. It is obviously then up to Ally to fight for the players he genuinely cannot do without. This would probably mean Aluko getting a reprieve. With the title race over and second place assured, getting rid of all the players above might cost us a few points but probably not 2nd place, and will allow Ally to fill his squad with more of his own players over the summer when we are out of admin.

I would also guess there will be cuts in the coaching, fitness and sports science departments.