SPL no to Cousin

It was just bad timing and maybe we've got as much to blame the Gambon FA for being so slow in proccessing his registration as anyone else.

As well as the well known habit of Whyte claiming he tried his best to help Ally get players in, whereas the facts are that he didn't seem to keen all along!

As soon as we went into admin and there was doubt about Cousin, I knew there was zero chance we'd get him. tbh, it's probably for the best given we're likely going to make enforced redundancies. Can't really take anyone on in those circumstances.

It was just bad timing and maybe we've got as much to blame the Gambon FA for being so slow in proccessing his registration as anyone else.

As well as the well known habit of Whyte claiming he tried his best to help Ally get players in, whereas the facts are that he didn't seem to keen all along!

Nah, if player cuts are to be made, guys like Cousin would be out the door. He was to be on about 5k and I suspect that any player on that amount or more would be shifted.

If we're going to lose lots of players Danny, maybe he would be handy to have around as his resale value is minimal, as noted on a seperate thread here.

Still, if it turns out he can never play for us, then it's immaterial really.

Agree Pete. It doesn't help our situation regarding the number of strikers we have but we can't sign someone when there's a possibility we'll be telling players they're out a job.

Much more than a possibility, brace yourselves for next week............

Ally will be told exactly how much he can spend on player's wages and left to make the choices, with the exception of Bartley who is a cert to go back to Arsenal unless they pay all his wages.

Much more than a possibility, brace yourselves for next week............

Ally will be told exactly how much he can spend on player's wages and left to make the choices, with the exception of Bartley who is a cert to go back to Arsenal unless they pay all his wages.

Do you think/know if it is possible to give a player the option of a reduced contract until such times as administration is over or until such times as they (the club) can afford to increase it or a clause that the contract be reviewed at the end of each season?

I know nothing of these subject matters other than what goes on in Football Manager & so I'm sorry if my posts seem stupid. :54:

Do you think/know if it is possible to give a player the option of a reduced contract until such times as administration is over or until such times as they (the club) can afford to increase it or a clause that the contract be reviewed at the end of each season?

I know nothing of these subject matters other than what goes on in Football Manager & so I'm sorry if my posts seem stupid. :54:

Not stupid at all.

I did you a long reply then lost it so here's the short version.

In theory NO but in practice YES.

They could say to players: we can't afford to pay your contracted wages so we can let you go or you can take a reduced wage.

Some they will just make redundant: Gordon Smith might be one and either Durrant or McDowall. I expect Ally to take a big (say half) pay cut for the sake of the team, then others might follow.

But expect to see a very different Rangers team in the next few weeks.