The day I became a Ranger.

I feel the post I made elsewhere might fit the tone of this thread. If not then please discard, admin. It's not set to any agenda, just my ramblings from today! Do not read any further than one supporter's day please.

Epic long day but, as always, it was worth it for many reasons.

On the boat across you could feel the anticipation which was furthered backed up by the numbers on show. The new 'fast boat' is twice the size of the last boat we travelled in which had been adsorbing the support until today. The 'normal traveller' was smothered in red, white and blue as hundreds of fans from NI filled the nine deck boat intent on showing their loyalty to Rangers.

As we all prepared to board the dock BBC NI were there asking for interviews. I was asked by Ardoyne RSC's secretary along with one other to share my thoughts. I declined on the basis that BBC Scotland are vermin and that I wouldn't want to share the same space with BBC never-mind share my personal feelings. Call it narrow minded but that is how I feel.

On the boat and sipping out my ice-cold beers I was made aware that UTV (Ulster Television) was looking for an interview with fans. I decided to do it on the basis that Ardoyne RSC asked me to and along with two of their prominent members.

Arriving at Ibrox ahead of schedule it was obvious the support was out in show. Not often you see so many outside the ground at 11.30am. Furthermore, the Wee Rangers Club was filling up quickly with an electric atmosphere early on. I done my duty by handing our leaflets/booklets inside the club. All leaflets were gratefully received.

I then done two interviews for Sky Sports News. Pretty stupid doing two for the same channel but one was arranged and the other was off the cuff. No harm though and god knows how I come across on TV. I'm sure I will find out at some stage!

The reason I was doing this was because of how strongly I feel and that I my head's bursting with opinions, not always coherent or consistent, but nonetheless, they are mines.

I pressed the issue of how great our support is and that we are not going anywhere. I made the point of discussing share issues and the tangible benefits to the support. I then witnessed hundreds, if not thousands, march to the entrance of Ibrox celebrating Rangers. A proud site and one that will live long in the memory. When I figure out how to upload the video of our fellow fans, not upside down on camera, I will.

Throughout the day however, I reflected on all what has/is going on; is Craig Whyte the biggest fraudster ever to own a football club or just a genius with unorthodox business practices?

Is there a way back for Craig Whyte because of all the rumours and hysteria that has surrounded his short tenure? Would it not be best for all parties that he sells up after we exit administration where he might gain back some dignity?

I'm not asking these questions as some Anti-Whyte campaigner, but as an ordinary fan that wants, not only the last nine months left in the past, but the last ten years of Sir David Murray's tenure put to bed.

Throughout my thinking I have realised I do not know all the facts, I have heard both arguments; swayed slightly between both camps which has brought me into conflict with fellow fans and my own self judgement.

Because I can't ascertain all the facts, and probably never will, I will now focus on supporting Rangers FC. I am of the firm belief that we, the fans, are the future, therefore; Rangers FC is our destiny and not just one man's plaything, entry into to celebrity circles or some easy way to make money.

We are the future of Rangers FC, no one else.

Edited by Stimpy

I was also born into a Rangers family. At birthday parties the sash and all other songs were belted out. I think I can remember my first game and funnily enough it was against Kilmarnock. We won 2-0 that day. I was still young enough to spend a lot of the Match up on my fathers shoulders. We were in the covered terracing where all the singing was done. I think it was also known as the jungle in those days although I may be wrong on that.

My first old firm game was the disaster game and I only was allowed to go because I could use my uncles season ticket as he could not attend. It was for the main stand. We(my older cousin) also left with seconds to go and were on the stairs when Rangers equalised. We also ran back up to the seating so I can imagine many done that on stairway 13. My best mate at that time who I normally went to the games with was caught up on the stairway but was lucky enough only to lose his shoe as his foot got caught. He told me later that he knew he was walking over bodies but you just had to try and stay on your feet yourself. I went down that stairway many times as a young kid and it really was a nightmare. My father always told me to keep my arms over my chest to give me enough room to breath. That is how bad it was.

I also remember when I was a little bit older going to the games alone. I would walk down to the Haugh Ferry and get the boat across the Clyde. Past Kai Johansen's bar and up the Copeland road. Then I would stand at the turnstiles and ask everyone: Hey mister Gonny gie me a lift over. There was always someone who would give you a lift in. I always stood behind the Goal Rangers were shooting into to as you could walk around to the other end in those days. I used to talk to the opposing supporters there was absolutely no ill feeling in those days, well at least not in my eyes.

I also had a couple of bad memories I remember I went to a game with my big sister and we had to leave because she was complaining that some supporters kept sticking their hands up her skirt. She vowed the never to go back and she never did. Not many females went at that time.

Another was when I was older I was walking down the Copeland road towards the Ferry and normally I always walked down the left hand (Subway) side. Probably because it was more crowded I switched over to the right hand side one time. There was a bit where the houses go inwards in a sort half circle with a grass field in front of them. I saw a group of guy's standing there but never thought anything of it. As I walked past I got a terrific clatter on my head from a length of wood. I turned round and looked the guy in the eye that was holding the plank and smiled at him as if it didn't hurt. Once I was out of their sight I had a good old rub of my head as it really did hurt me.

Two games really stand out in my head though and that was the 2-0 win against the mighty Bayern Munich and the 4-1 drubbing we got from Ajax with Johan Cruiff. Even although we got drubbed it was a joy to watch such players.

I was also born into a Rangers family. At birthday parties the sash and all other songs were belted out. I think I can remember my first game and funnily enough it was against Kilmarnock. We won 2-0 that day. I was still young enough to spend a lot of the Match up on my fathers shoulders. We were in the covered terracing where all the singing was done. I think it was also known as the jungle in those days although I may be wrong on that.

My first old firm game was the disaster game and I only was allowed to go because I could use my uncles season ticket as he could not attend. It was for the main stand. We(my older cousin) also left with seconds to go and were on the stairs when Rangers equalised. We also ran back up to the seating so I can imagine many done that on stairway 13. My best mate at that time who I normally went to the games with was caught up on the stairway but was lucky enough only to lose his shoe as his foot got caught. He told me later that he knew he was walking over bodies but you just had to try and stay on your feet yourself. I went down that stairway many times as a young kid and it really was a nightmare. My father always told me to keep my arms over my chest to give me enough room to breath. That is how bad it was.

I also remember when I was a little bit older going to the games alone. I would walk down to the Haugh Ferry and get the boat across the Clyde. Past Kai Johansen's bar and up the Copeland road. Then I would stand at the turnstiles and ask everyone: Hey mister Gonny gie me a lift over. There was always someone who would give you a lift in. I always stood behind the Goal Rangers were shooting into to as you could walk around to the other end in those days. I used to talk to the opposing supporters there was absolutely no ill feeling in those days, well at least not in my eyes.

I also had a couple of bad memories I remember I went to a game with my big sister and we had to leave because she was complaining that some supporters kept sticking their hands up her skirt. She vowed the never to go back and she never did. Not many females went at that time.

Another was when I was older I was walking down the Copeland road towards the Ferry and normally I always walked down the left hand (Subway) side. Probably because it was more crowded I switched over to the right hand side one time. There was a bit where the houses go inwards in a sort half circle with a grass field in front of them. I saw a group of guy's standing there but never thought anything of it. As I walked past I got a terrific clatter on my head from a length of wood. I turned round and looked the guy in the eye that was holding the plank and smiled at him as if it didn't hurt. Once I was out of their sight I had a good old rub of my head as it really did hurt me.

Two games really stand out in my head though and that was the 2-0 win against the mighty Bayern Munich and the 4-1 drubbing we got from Ajax with Johan Cruiff. Even although we got drubbed it was a joy to watch such players.

You should write some paragraphs/articles about experiences of games mate. It is something that I can read over and over again, with pleasure.

I've never been to an old firm game & I'm not sure I ever will to be honest. The atmosphere seems too hostile & I am always afraid that after a few beers my mood would match it & it's not worth the bother I may get myself in to.

Loving these! Mine are not quite so exciting! I grew up on the Black Isle out of Inverness, away from the Old Firm. I started supporting Rangers as a kid (I swear I couldn't tell you why) but my dad and I would go to Ross County or Caley games - my dad was delighted I got in to football, he's a big Ger and a Toffee and with two daughters never thought he'd be taking one to the football :D

My first game at Ibrox was a 2-0 win over Aberdeen. I clearly remember the Aberdeen fans singing 'we hate celtic more than you' and 'we're sheep shagging bastards' hahah. I was 19, having moved to Glasgow on my own not long before.

Since that game, I've been CL games, Europa games, Scottish cup, CIS cup, league games and every single one gives the goose bumps. Hearing the CL music is incredible and I love taking my old dad to games, I feel like it's my turn now.

So no real Rangers childhood game stories, nor any traditional Rangers/Celtic rivalry as a child, Inverness was far removed from it all.

Have to agree Erga the quality of eyecandy in GF has gone up considerably in recent years. :D

Never spotted me then :P

It's definitely more comfortable now than even several years back. But then, I played football all through school (with the 'boys' team) and went on the summer SFA courses etc so I got used to being 'the only girl' or at least 'the only girl who doesn't scream when she gets the ball' :P