The day I became a Ranger.

Never spotted me then :P

It's definitely more comfortable now than even several years back. But then, I played football all through school (with the 'boys' team) and went on the summer SFA courses etc so I got used to being 'the only girl' or at least 'the only girl who doesn't scream when she gets the ball' :P

My 6 year old girl plays with the local team, loves it is treated like one of the boys even heard one of her teammates explaining to his Mum that Emma isn't a girl she's one of us. She gets told regularly by her coach to calm down and not to be so rough but she's got 3 brothers so she knows how to put the boot in.

My 6 year old girl plays with the local team, loves it is treated like one of the boys even heard one of her teammates explaining to his Mum that Emma isn't a girl she's one of us. She gets told regularly by her coach to calm down and not to be so rough but she's got 3 brothers so she knows how to put the boot in.

Aw brilliant! I think it's good for girls to play in traditionally boy teams. In my experience, all girl teams were pointless (until I joined a local ladies football team who were excellent). The coaching was never as robust. We were lucky though, we had SFA coaches etc and I was invited to train/apply for the girls Under 15's Scotland team.

I have a son who we think will start with team when he goes to school - for fun more than anything - but if I had a girl I would encourage to play (if she wanted to). It's tough for girls but you know you've made it when your not the last picked for a kickabout :D

Everytime I go to Ibrox I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of girls/ladies that attend the games. Some of you girls sing louder than the guys!

Also had a lovely wee blonde lass from Belfast sitting behind me on Saturday nothing sounds better than hearing "Brines your a wanker" in the Belfast accent. Would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Also had a lovely wee blonde lass from Belfast sitting behind me on Saturday nothing sounds better than hearing "Brines your a wanker" in the Belfast accent. Would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Blonde + Irish + intelligent? She's a keeper ;)

Agreed on the Norn Iron accent, I've known a Derry lass a long time and I have to admit the accent really is very, very cute.

As for the OP - the earliest memory I have of supporting the side goes back to about 1988 and reading the Sunday Mail which had a feature on our 5-1 win over Celtic with guys like Butcher, Stevens etc in the team. I know that wasn't the moment I became a fan, but it's the earliest specific memory I have.

The very last game I went to before leaving for Holland in 1980 was the infamous Old firm riot game.

We always went into the Waterloo lounge(notice, Lounge and not bar,which was a poofs shop) before the game for a drink. After leaving we went round the corner to an off licence to get a carry out for the game. We were standing in the queue waiting to get served when a guy in a red jumper came running in, stripped it off and threw it in the corner out of sight and joined the queue in the middle. Next thing two cops came running in asking if anyone had seen a guy in a red jumper. Luckily for the guy nobody shopped him and the officers raced off to see if they could find him somewhere else.

The game in it's self was actually pretty crap to be honest with the Tims getting a goal in extra time. Then things kicked off when the tim supporters came onto the pitch and made there way to the half-way line waving their scarf and flags. That was like a red rag to a bull and the Rangers supporters were soon pouring on to the pitch from the Rangers end. Like most of these incidents the most are just hangers on staying well out of the way of trouble but the real fighting machines were getting tore into each other around the middle line. Celtic getting handed the cup was actually lost in all the mayhem.

Then the mounted police entered the field and started charging up and down the field which was really quite an awesome sight. They soon got the park cleared.

The one thing that that I don't think was ever mentioned anywhere was that that hundreds\thousands of bottles were being thrown from the back of the terrace on to our own supporters. Given that the Celtic supporters were 50+ yards away I still can't understand why there were bottles being thrown as they were only landing on our own supporters. I was half-way down the terrace and thankfully there were large pillars holding up the roof in those days and I managed to get behind one but many fans needed treatment for wounds caused by a thrown bottle.

One month later I started a new adventure in immigrating to Holland with that incident burnt into my brain. I have been to a few games since notably the Hibs game where Paul Gascoigne got yellow for showing the ref the yellow card after the ref had dropped it. I still can't believe the Ref never seen the humour in that incident. I haven't been back home for about 10 years now but I have been to a few pre season Friendlies over here, and in Germany.