Leggat - PAUL MURRAY: THE MAN FOR THE HOUR

I doubt Bain would be involved. It's just people seeing PM putting together a consortium and thinking that he may include his ex-board colleague. I can't see why Bain would want to get involved or why any consortium would want to include him. I doubt he's a got a spare million lying around to stick into the club.

He might have if he wins his case against the club ;)

If Whyte has kept the £24m for the tax case, I'd say that's pretty sensible but going into administration has kind of confused me.

I'm really uncertain of anything I read in the media just now and I dont know who to believe.

By going into administration, a deal can hopefully be struck with HMRC @ a reduced rate. Therefore the £24m from Ticketus may be enough to cover any liability (if found guilty of course....)

That's maybe being a bit too optimistic in light of the last weeks events....

By going into administration, a deal can hopefully be struck with HMRC @ a reduced rate. Therefore the £24m from Ticketus may be enough to cover any liability (if found guilty of course....)

That's maybe being a bit too optimistic in light of the last weeks events....

If it is true that the 24 mill will be used to pay the tax bill then where do we get the running costs from for the next 3 years. Seems like a borrow borrow borrow scenario to me and not a healthy way to get the club back on it's feet.

If it is true that the 24 mill will be used to pay the tax bill then where do we get the running costs from for the next 3 years. Seems like a borrow borrow borrow scenario to me and not a healthy way to get the club back on it's feet.

who knows....

I did think that the 24M may be used for the tax bill, and perhaps the hope for administration would be to reduce the running costs to a level so that when we get past the initial 4 years, we could rebuild.

However i think that the key risk there is assuming that the tax liability wont be more than 24M and if it is more, then we will obtain a debt (assuming we get a credit line) and have to continue along with some debt levels.

Tough...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I did think that the 24M may be used for the tax bill, and perhaps the hope for administration would be to reduce the running costs to a level so that when we get past the initial 4 years, we could rebuild.

However i think that the key risk there is assuming that the tax liability wont be more than 24M and if it is more, then we will obtain a debt (assuming we get a credit line) and have to continue along with some debt levels.

Tough...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I am afraid that 4 years is a lot of time and money. We would need to get a cash injection from somewhere. Even Whytes 5mill per year wouldn't cover our running costs so there would need to come a cash injection from somewhere.

If the Daily Mail story today is true then £18m of the £24m from Ticketus has been given to Lloyds bank and we will never see it again. So Whyte has no way of paying any tax bill. Whyte may have no way of paying ANY bill.

Liabilities of potential £50m EBT bill, £9m unpaid tax, £24 to Ticketus.....is there a way out of all this??