Worst Financial Deal

12M for Flo??? No I dont think so...20k / week for Whittaker wins the best Twat deal! Are u kidding me? Who even let this guy sign for Rangers. Jog on....Ortiz must be thinking 'Huh..."

The Flo deal was a bit bonkers but we did get back £8 million for him and he did score 29 goals in 55 games which isn't that shoddy TBH. I would say that the worst deals of recent years will be found over at Parkhead. £5 million for Raphael Scheidt and no return? Efraim Saurez for £3 million and a handful of performances. I won't even start on the Bangura deal.....

The Flo deal was a bit bonkers but we did get back £8 million for him and he did score 29 goals in 55 games which isn't that shoddy TBH. I would say that the worst deals of recent years will be found over at Parkhead. £5 million for Raphael Scheidt and no return? Efraim Saurez for £3 million and a handful of performances. I won't even start on the Bangura deal.....

That makes even more depressing reading that you would think.... they have indeed had a number of awful signings yet they still are head and shoulders above us in terms of financial strength. Incredible really.

Wasn't Buffel frozen out for a pay to play clause? I'm sure I remember someone saying it was cheaper to replace him than pay £1.5m to play him once more?

Was that not Ball from Everton? I know Buffel and PLG couldn't walk through a door together so I would think that it was more of a personal thing.

Guest superrcooper7

Ball was a brilliant player for Everton, absolutely brilliant but had a horrible injury with us and never seemed to fully recover, get his confidence back and then all the stories about not being played because of the money we'd then owe Everton.

Hardly fail, more unlucky IMO, seemed to have all the potential and ability in the world until that 1 injury.

Biggest problem with Buffel was various managers played him out of position. I always saw him as someone who would play just behind the forwards. A position where you don't need to be the biggest or strongest. Yet for some reason he was played on the wing or in the midfield.

It was the same with Peter Lovenkrands I saw him as a pacy striker and anytime he played in that position he scored goals upon goals. I recall Rangers playing Inter Milan at Ibrox in 2006 when we qualified from the group stages of the Champons League for the 1st time. Lovenkrands played as the lone striker up front and scored with Buffel just behind him a great performance by Rangers that night all round.