SPL clubs drawing up blueprint of financial penalties and points for Rangers

I would go along with the fans who think going to the 3rd division would be the best move,if the other SPL clubs try and restrict our income and chances of playing in Europe for three seasons,although I would like to think they wouldn't get away with that?.

I can't see how the club could survive in the lower leagues.....the clubs that are there struggle!!!

I honestly don't see 50,000 fans packing into Ibrox every other week to see a very basic squad compete against part-timers - single-figured 1000's at most.

Would Tennents continue to be a main sponsor with no TV coverage??? Would folk still buy the corporate packages???

The club would die quicker than Craig Whyte could ever kill it!!!

I can't see how the club could survive in the lower leagues.....the clubs that are there struggle!!!

I honestly don't see 50,000 fans packing into Ibrox every other week to see a very basic squad compete against part-timers - single-figured 1000's at most.

Would Tennents continue to be a main sponsor with no TV coverage??? Would folk still buy the corporate packages???

The club would die quicker than Craig Whyte could ever kill it!!!

You can't like Berwick Rangers with Glasgow Rangers. Yes there will be less support but still enough to win the leagues. As BD said it won't happen we will be in the SPL.

This is all very hypothetical. Sure no-one on here wants us playing in the 3rd division. But what they want to impose on us now is simply off limits. There are guidelines how administration is handled and you do wonder - with e.g. the money to be paid to various clubs - what the status quo was when Motherwell went into administration. Right now it looks like some clubs sniff a chance to rub it in and get the biggest gain, rather than looking at facts or existing law.

And we have been keeping a dignified silence far too long IMHO to let us being bullied about. Especially not by our great rivals in the SPL. If liquidation comes to pass.

For the time being I keep my fingers crossed that someone/-many step up to the plate before March 16.

They want us to suffer yet at the same time they want (need is the better word) us in the SPL. That will pay for this 'financial penalties'.

You just know they are going to try fight tooth and nail for a point deduction at the start of next season.

Regardless of where we play Id be refusing tickets for away matches. Instead Id stream the matches into Ibrox and charge the fans between 5-10 quid entry and pocket the money ourselves.

Those other chairmen should be concentrating on their own clubs rather than petty nitpicking over Rangers. It shows their level of professionalism when they are trying to stamp us when we're down. It also shows the social mentality in the country....the media are constantly having a go, the government impose ridiculous rules and now everyone wants us punished as much as possible while giving the reason "so it doesnt happen again" - nonsense! Where has the humanity about helping and supporting others gone. I know Gretna werent around long but I felt sorry for them when they went out of business.

Everything has a knock on effect and Rangers not being strong means the national team is even affected. Its not like the other SPL clubs are going to get past qualifiers for Europe are they!!

TBH if we did go into the 3rd division i think we'd be welcomed with open arms by the clubs there not just for financial reasons but for footballing ones. 3 years is a short time, (its almost 4 years since Manchester Final) therefore Id look at it as a project of rebuilding.

Have to say Im disappointed in the players at this time, 4 homes games in a row including 3 defeats and no wins....i really thought we'd gather some spirit on the park and win games.

They want us to suffer yet at the same time they want (need is the better word) us in the SPL. That will pay for this 'financial penalties'.

You just know they are going to try fight tooth and nail for a point deduction at the start of next season.

Regardless of where we play Id be refusing tickets for away matches. Instead Id stream the matches into Ibrox and charge the fans between 5-10 quid entry and pocket the money ourselves.

Those other chairmen should be concentrating on their own clubs rather than petty nitpicking over Rangers. It shows their level of professionalism when they are trying to stamp us when we're down. It also shows the social mentality in the country....the media are constantly having a go, the government impose ridiculous rules and now everyone wants us punished as much as possible while giving the reason "so it doesnt happen again" - nonsense! Where has the humanity about helping and supporting others gone. I know Gretna werent around long but I felt sorry for them when they went out of business.

Everything has a knock on effect and Rangers not being strong means the national team is even affected. Its not like the other SPL clubs are going to get past qualifiers for Europe are they!!

TBH if we did go into the 3rd division i think we'd be welcomed with open arms by the clubs there not just for financial reasons but for footballing ones. 3 years is a short time, (its almost 4 years since Manchester Final) therefore Id look at it as a project of rebuilding.

Have to say Im disappointed in the players at this time, 4 homes games in a row including 3 defeats and no wins....i really thought we'd gather some spirit on the park and win games.

I've been mulling over starting in the 3rd div. I think it would be great fun as we went back up the leagues, but i think it'd do long term damage to the already bad state of the SPL and in the long run and would cripple the SPL beyond repair even after we got back in. We're cutting off our nose to spike our face.

I'm sure other poster will give a good argument against that which i would gladly listen to and accept if it looks viable. Just like when someone said to me when i said i'd struggle to support a "New Rangers" if we started with zero history, they said,"The New Rangers would still be the same product that "four men had a dream of" as with out their vision the new Rangers would not be about. But i'm still not sure i could but that argument is a great point

Edited by Bears
Retard

Is this even allowable? It certainly sounds as if the rules are being changed *because* it's Rangers. I fecking hate conspiracy theories but I'm struggling with this. Do we think this is fair and equitable or is it glee? I'm edging to the latter and we should fight this, if indeed it's true.

They have invented rules for us (Lafferty's Law), changed rules for us (McGregor found guilty on BBC instigated TV evidence ... and nothing has been done to harrass a number of other players doing the same to us), brought in this Lunny character who found Aluko guilty of nothing and banned him for two games. Rest assured, the current malcontent levels are high enough to see them invent something draconic for us now.

That said, the rules for teams in administration are cast into SFA/SPL stone. While we are in admin, the money due to other clubs is being thrown into the pot, which is unfortunate for them, but that is the law. What we could do is go to a couple of games and pay tickets to watch e.g. Dunfermline play. That would regain much of the respect lost by Whyte's actions, I would assume. Coming to think of it, this is something that could be done with any collected saveRangers money - paying money due to the Pars. Hearts and the Tangerines can wait ... not least because of their recent behaviour.

As I asked before, you do wonder what the situation was with Motherwell, whether there was any money due to other clubs when going into admin. For that would be a precedent?

Edited by der Berliner

At least in the SFL we'd get to play at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon!

... and we would be commended world wide for our participation of handing money into and thus developing Scottish football by entertaining these low key teams and giving them far greater ticket money than they could ever dream of, even if it is only a fraction of what SPL teams would get. ;)