Today's the day

Where, finally, 5 days on from when we expected it, it appears the squad will officially be culled and we will lose a lot of players.

How are you feeling about it?

I'm a combination of nerves and expectancy. I'm nervous at the quality of player we could lose, but the inevitability of this happening has been there for weeks now.

I really hope we are not left with a mediocre squad, no better than the majority of SPL sides.

But it is a possibility.

We are £4.5m short to get through to the end of the season. Does this include or exclude the £3.6m that we are trying to get from Collyer Bristow?

Has it got the potential to only be £0.9m of a shortfall?

The administrators at Rangers have agreed to pay the £83,000 owed to Dunfermline for tickets sold to Rangers fans for a game at East End Park.

Can they just pick one creditors to decide to pay in full?

Paul Murray Doesn't Want Player Redundancies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANGERSâ?? administrators were today warned axeing first-team stars could scare away prospective buyers.

Former director Paul Murray is interested in forming a consortium to rescue the crisis-hit club, writes Matthew Lindsay.

But the accountant reckons if Duff and Phelps make players redundant it will make a new ownerâ??s rebuilding job far more difficult.

The administrators have rejected the playersâ?? offer to defer wages until the end of the season and were set to lay as many as 11 of them off today.

That is even though first-team stalwart and diehard Gers fan Lee McCulloch has offered to play for NOTHING until the end of the season.

Murray said: â??From my point of view, as a bidder, I want the squad to stay intact. Thatâ??s my starting point.

â??Fundamentally, I want the squad to stay in place and then to have the chance to build upon that squad going forward. I donâ??t want any of those players to go.

â??The administrators are saying there is a £4.3million shortfall. Letâ??s take that at face value even though Iâ??m not sure where that figure comes from.

â??But if Iâ??m given the choice of plugging that gap by the deferrals the players are offering or by the cuts, then I would choose deferrals.

â??If we are looking at replacing another eight, nine, 10 or 11 players, we could be looking at a need to come up with an extra £20 million or £30 million.

â??If redundancies are made, you can only imagine the situation it would leave the club in.â?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/-1.1151169

Paul Murray Doesn't Want Player Redundancies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANGERS’ administrators were today warned axeing first-team stars could scare away prospective buyers.

Former director Paul Murray is interested in forming a consortium to rescue the crisis-hit club, writes Matthew Lindsay.

But the accountant reckons if Duff and Phelps make players redundant it will make a new owner’s rebuilding job far more difficult.

The administrators have rejected the players’ offer to defer wages until the end of the season and were set to lay as many as 11 of them off today.

That is even though first-team stalwart and diehard Gers fan Lee McCulloch has offered to play for NOTHING until the end of the season.

Murray said: “From my point of view, as a bidder, I want the squad to stay intact. That’s my starting point.

“Fundamentally, I want the squad to stay in place and then to have the chance to build upon that squad going forward. I don’t want any of those players to go.

“The administrators are saying there is a £4.3million shortfall. Let’s take that at face value even though I’m not sure where that figure comes from.

“But if I’m given the choice of plugging that gap by the deferrals the players are offering or by the cuts, then I would choose deferrals.

“If we are looking at replacing another eight, nine, 10 or 11 players, we could be looking at a need to come up with an extra £20 million or £30 million.

“If redundancies are made, you can only imagine the situation it would leave the club in.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/-1.1151169

That's the first time i've seen PM make a direct quote he wants to buy us. Good news