Rangers Docked 30 Points Next Season?

let's abandon Scotland as a football club, Scotland has abandoned us.

Well it hasn't in all fairness. There's a lot of talk, posturing and rumours, but as things stand we're still the most successful football club in the country and the country hasn't abandoned us yet! OK, they're talking about changes which could end up being bad for us, but that will bite them in the backside if they pass anything which screws us. The Rangers fans have more power than some of these people think because they have the power to boycott matches. Maybe these people are just lunatics?

IMHO, if they want to impose such draconic measures, there will be a lot of lawyers and officials having a field day in shooting them down. We are doing sports here and if they want to chuck out fairness from the off, because we have been the most successful team in the world and they are not ... and they want to even that out - with only one team really getting all the benefits - well ...

I think it is essential that we are out of administration sooner rather than later. And it is also essential to keep in mind those who come up with this open animosity towards us. I for one would show the ice-cold shoulder to them for about a generatiuon, should they come calling for assistance, help, or whatnot.

The big question is.....Would they still be having these talks if it was Hearts, St Mirren or Dunfermline??? I would think not!!!!

The proposed points docking system also favours the clubs down the bottom of the league - Why punish a club coz it has finished high in the league in previous seasons??? The SPL are always on about openness,transparency & fair play....yet these proposals/ideas are anything but fair!!!

When they introduced the 10 point deduction, all the teams were happy with it. Now when its Rangers that are suffering, the punishment is not severe enough....

And to add to my reply above, once we are out of admin, we should actually take these questions to the SPL clubs or the SFA. If they want to make a precedent of us, why have they not done so before? Hearts? Why it is us who they like to punish first (Aluko springs to mind, though unrelated)? Make no mistake here. The forces at work IMHO (and no, you do not need to be paranoid) come all from just a short distance away and some investigative reporting needs to be done about who is running the strings behind the scenes.

How come we're getting all this negative press the now? I cant remember Motherwell getting it as bad as us when they entered administration.

They don't have a set of rivals hell-bent on a jihad...

I think that's also one of our biggest problems, we haven't endeared ourselves to anyone.

If we had based the pathos of our club and support on the high standards and integrity of Struth, instead of the proddie, sash bash, we might have a lot more support from other clubs right now.

Well, I always watch on in admiration when Ally shakes the hand of the opponent's players once they leave the field. Never ever saw that happening anywhere else* and it shows the respect that he has for the professionals on the field.

We did not exactly cover ourselves in glory at times, but that does not validate the open hatred and animosity shown towards us from all strata of Scottish football. What beggars belief is the fact that by openly antagonizing us to the limit, they dig their own graves. But the hatred of Rangers is apparently more important to them and theirs than their own survival.

*BTW, I noted the same gesture in the movie A Shot at Glory, featuring a certain Ally McCoist.

The "hatred" of Rangers is probably less personal than you think - we're wrapped up in the Old Firm thing where not only do you have two huge clubs usurping all the trophies every year and leaving but crumbs for the rest, they are constantly locked in a perpetual bigot-fest of hatred towards each other which must be excruciating for others to witness. It must be like having a large and expensive dinner party which is hosted and mostly paid for by a continuously squabbling, arrogant couple who often get way out of hand and even violent and have no regard for others in the room - but multiplied by 50,000 or so.

The difference for us over Celtic is that we've been the victims of an intense propaganda campaign that makes us look the main villains of the piece. Everything has been twisted to make us look far worse as what we do is easier to understand and easier to exaggerate. And to be honest we've been the fools that have played along to their tune with no guile nor cunning and fallen, flat faced into every trap they set and not only that we've set many ourselves.

We've been painted as the bigots by them and by the press, and like lemmings we've lived up to our nefarious billing. They have obfuscated their crimes into something that is a fug of esoteric mumbo jumbo that no-one understands and therefore cares. They are painted as passionate people with Irish traditions and roots, and who have a political bent that has some unsavoury elements but is done with honourable motives justified by the crimes on the Irish of the past.