Boost For Club In EBT Battle? ... from FF

But if we have won the tax case and paid up the VAT and PAYE, why would we need a CVA?

For Ticketus? Or Whyte?

But also we have a loss to make up with no credit to bridge it and also the missing millions make it worse... Which means a CVA for all our usual creditors...

For Ticketus? Or Whyte?

But also we have a loss to make up with no credit to bridge it and also the missing millions make it worse... Which means a CVA for all our usual creditors...

Ticketus say they aren't a creditor and I don't believe Whyte is a creditor.

Are we really going to do a CVA for the remaining creditors? It's always possible but the administrators haven't contacted the creditors yet so i believe that we're quite a bit away from that anyway and with season ticket cash to come in, I don't see any reason for it.

Are we really going to do a CVA for the remaining creditors? It's always possible but the administrators haven't contacted the creditors yet so i believe that we're quite a bit away from that anyway and with season ticket cash to come in, I don't see any reason for it.

He's still the majority shareholder.

If it looks like he's going to get money out of this, we should sue him and ring fence the proceeds.

What this guy has done is abhorrent. It's also cost us a fortune.

He should pay.

If neither of them are creditors of the club, then HMRC would be our biggest creditor, so a CVA would be out the window and where would we find the reported £15m in overdue PAYE etc to pay HMRC?

But if we have won the tax case and paid up the VAT and PAYE, why would we need a CVA?

We've may have won the big case, but we still owe HMRC 9m (or whatever is true) in VAT and all since Whyte took over. As far as I am aware, we have not paid them that so far.

I still suspect that Whyte used this to get us into administration once the "big case" was about to be decided, so he would be one the save side from various directions. Whatever will happen, I also have a lingering feeling that he was used as a tool by someone/-many else to get the Lloyds and the HMRC stuff off our backs.

Edited by der Berliner

We've may have won the big case, but we still owe HMRC 9m (or whatever is true) in VAT and all since Whyte took over. As far as I am aware, we have not paid them that so far.

But you said that HMRC would only be willing to do the CVA if we had paid the £9m. Why would they have an opinion one way or the other if we had paid it?

But you said that HMRC would only be willing to do the CVA if we had paid the £9m. Why would they have an opinion one way or the other if we had paid it?

Maybe I should have posted the "rumour" itself, so it is more clear:

One rumour which won't go away is we've won the Big Tax Case but HMRC want the unpaid tax since Whyte took over paid in full.

If this happens, they won't appeal the verdict.

As ever, though, I'm fearing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Maybe I was using the CVA stuff too freely, so I beg your pardon for that.

They have contacted the debenture (Bond) holders who are creditors.

They have contacted the debenture (Bond) holders who are creditors.

They contacted season ticket holders and bond holders to say that they have been appointed but have not acknowledged bond holders as creditors, AFAIK.