Crazy - Ticketus Backing Paul Murray

I don't want Ticketus to have anything to do with us. I can't believe that they were not complicit in the whole Whyte takeover and would only be interested in us for purely financial short term views.

I too am not 100% convinced, will need to see the finer points of any arrangement before we know for sure either way.

Perhaps Ticketus are working on the basis that something is better than nothing, as long as any deal is in the greater long term interests of RFC plc then I'll be more content.

Absolutely 100% NO to Ticketus involvement. I now understand why I had a nagging feeling about Paul Murray's Blue Knights. They want their money in for the tickets and will not invest another penny if they get their hands on the tiller.

I don't want Ticketus to have anything to do with us. I can't believe that they were not complicit in the whole Whyte takeover and would only be interested in us for purely financial short term views.

Betts, by his own admission, is not a tax expert. So what skill did he take to Whyteâ??s boardroom table? Apart from the fact that he started a firm called Primary Asset Finance in 2005 and it was sponsored by another finance company called, Close Brothers. One of the board members of Close Brothers is Ray Greenshields who is also chairman of Octopus VCT3, which owns Ticketus.

Whyte,Betts, Gary Withey, Ray Greenshields all seem to have been friendly with each other in the past.

It is a no thanks Ticketus for me.

From Ticketus website.

9 March 2012 Statement on Rangers Football Club

The â??Blue Knightsâ?, led by Paul Murray, today confirm that they are finalising an offer for Rangers Football Club (â??the Clubâ?) in partnership with fansâ?? representatives (from the Rangers Supporters Assembly, the Rangers Supporters Association and the Rangers Supporters Trust) and Ticketus (together, â??the Consortiumâ?).

The members of the Consortium are united in their belief that a collaborative approach is essential in securing the Clubâ??s future through a CVA, thereby achieving a fair and fast resolution that will put the Club on a secure financial footing. Through a CVA rather than liquidation, the Club will benefit from being able to qualify for future European competition and access the significant revenues associated with this. Preserving this revenue stream, and the Clubâ??s 140 year old legacy, is paramount and in the best interests of all parties.

Paul Murray said:

â??I believe that the Blue Knights, working in collaboration with the fans and Ticketus, are able to deliver an attractive solution that will see the Club emerge from administration with a clear plan for the future that will bring the financial stability that the Club needs.â?

â??We firmly believe that a CVA is the best way forwards and we are working hard to offer a solution that will enable this to happen. As the Administrators have stated, the alternative route of putting the Club into liquidation is much less attractive for creditors, supporters and players, with its capacity to destroy value. Under current UEFA rules, a football club is banned from European competition for three years in the event of liquidation. Taking this route would have a significant impact on Rangersâ?? future revenues and the overall financial viability of the Club, so it is something we want to avoid.â?

Ticketus stated:

â??We believe that the Blue Knights understand very clearly what needs to be done to stabilise the Club, and represent the most attractive long-term solution to Rangersâ?? financial situation. We are therefore backing their bid and will be an active partner, contributing to a successful outcome. We believe working alongside the Blue Knights and fansâ?? representatives offers the best chance of the Club surviving and becoming a viable business.â?

The Consortium is confident that the Club can achieve financial stability through appropriate restructuring and the appointment of a new and experienced board with a sensible business plan.

The Consortium have spoken to the Administrators today to tell them that they will be working together to buy the club out of the CVA process and will be meeting the Administrators to discuss the proposed deal in detail on Monday.

The Consortium will continue to work with the Administrators as it finalises its bid in order to bring a swift resolution for the Club, its fans and employees.

For all media enquiries, please contact:

Luther Pendragon

Oli Winton / Leigh Marshall / Simon Whale

ticketus@luther.co.uk / +44 (0)207 618 9104

http://www.ticketus.co.uk/