BK - Fan Share Issue - £1k Cheapest

I haven't seen this myself, seemingly in the Record.

Paul Murray quoted in today's Record saying that proper fan representation is a must.

He says they are still working on the final numbers but it will be a three tier system.

Cheapest is at £1000

2nd tier is £1000-£500,000

And a final tier at above £500,000.

Each level will have board representation with a transparent selection process

Edited by chilledbear
spelling

Is it £1k up front or £1k over 12 months or longer.

It's all well and good releasing information but all it does is raise more questions which then go unanswered.

Is it it £1k for one share? What does that share entitle you to? 1 vote? Is there no annual membership?

If that is the case then I can see PM's fan ownership hitting the buffers before it even gets going. In these tough financial times the average rangers fan is struggling to pay his season ticket let alone forking out £1000 for a share in the club.

Something like this could be his compete undoing....

One thing that the admins will look at with potential bids, is how they are going to fund things long term. The BK's long term plan is the share issue. The admins may look at the pricing structure and decide that it may prove to be too expensive for the majority of fans and therefore may not raise the required revenue.

When compared to another bid (for example), where there is already funds in place due to a person's or companies current wealth, this would look the more attractive option.

From the info so far, I believe that the BK's bid is too weak.....

If he's starting with the cheapest option at £1000 this surely shows how out of touch he is with reality? No offence ment here, but i actually laughed when i saw that at first.

They're not doing themselves any favours at all

I haven't seen this myself, seemingly in the Record.

Paul Murray quoted in today's Record saying that proper fan representation is a must.

He says they are still working on the final numbers but it will be a three tier system.

Cheapest is at £1000

2nd tier is £1000-£500,000

And a final tier at above £500,000.

Each level will have board representation with a transparent selection process

Seems fair and reasonable, 2nd tier for me (think you've made a wee error there mate!). To be honest most people that are working should be able to get a grand together.

If he's starting with the cheapest option at £1000 this surely shows how out of touch he is with reality? No offence meant here, but i actually laughed when i saw that at first.

They're not doing themselves any favours at all

I agree.

I think it would be better having shares at £500 a pop - if they wanna include more people! £500 is well in reach of everyone! I would see that changing tbh mate.

Copy of the Daily Record article....

RANGERS fans will be asked to cough up as much as £1000 a head to help the Blue Knights save their club from extinction.

Record Sport can today reveal details of the share issue proposal which Paul Murray has drawn up in a bid to haul the Ibrox club away from financial ruin and give supporters a say in its future. Murrayâ??s plan would open up his consortium to ordinary fans. But entry will not come cheap.

Although he has not finalised his blueprint it is anticipated that three separate tiers of membership will be available, starting at a grand.

Level two will be open to pledges ranging anywhere between £1000 and £500,000. And, at the top end, big-money investors will be invited to buy their way into Murrayâ??s group with offers of £500,000 or more.

Murray laid out his plan to bring the punters on board exclusively to Record Sport yesterday as he pieced together the final pieces of his bid to rescue the club from the clutches of disgraced owner Craig Whyte.

He has already secured the backing of the clubâ??s three main supportersâ?? groups and yesterday former manager Walter Smith spoke out to validate Murray as the best man to rescue the club from the brink of liquidation.

Murray said: â??Itâ??s time to change the ownership model of the club in order to make it sustainable. We also have to recognise the club is in a crisis and requires substantial investment. Any buyer will HAVE to address that.

â??Two key principles which we have to adhere to: broad ownership and fans should have proper representation. We need clear direction.

â??If we are successful in acquiring the club then we can achieve both of these objectives. We are working through the details but we intend to launch a share issue which will have the following features:

â??It will provide ability for all supporters to participate at one of three â??entry levelsâ?. We can play around with the numbers but broadly the levels would be £1000, £1000-£500,000 and the top tier of over £500,000.

â??Each â??levelâ?? would have board representation with a transparent selection process. Weâ??re also working up benefit packages to sit alongside these investments and exploring a membership scheme to provide additional annual income. All proceeds of the share issue would be held within the club and used for investment in line with our business plan which will be made public.â?

Murray then outlined his plans to put in place a new team in the boardroom and make sure no one man will ever be able to run the club into the gutter again.

He said: â??We should have an independent chairman of impeccable credentials who will oversee the club and provide confidence to stakeholders. We will recruit the best executives to help us achieve our business plan.

â??There will be non-executive representation for all shareholders. We have to ensure there is total transparency and openness.â?

Murray was shocked yesterday by reports that he himself might be unable to take a seat on any new board because of his association with Whyteâ??s shamed regime.

In fact, Murray was one of the directors who attempted to block Whyte from gaining control of the club and he was also fired by the new man just weeks after the takeover was completed.

And Murray is convinced he would pass any SFA probe into whether or not he is a â??fit and proper personâ? to lead the club.

He said: â??My first reaction was to find it quite laughable given the stance I and others on the old board took against Craig Whyteâ??s takeover.

â??But my record and conduct as a Rangers director is there for all to see so Iâ??d welcome any review.â?

A consortium from Singapore is also believed to be preparing an offer which could be with administrators in the next 48 hours.

The make-up of the group is unclear but it is being fronted by Glasgow-based businessman Shazad Bakhsh, who has been in discussions with Duff and Phelps.

And last night Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy confirmed he is ready to make a bid for Rangers.

He said: â??I will make an offer to buy Rangers before Friday. If thereâ??s no better deal on the table to safeguard Rangers then I will gladly do a deal to buy the club, if there is a better offer than I will gladly walk away.

â??Rangers are a fantastic club with a great history. If I have the ability to stop it going to the wall then Iâ??ll use all my powers to do that.â?

Seems fair and reasonable, 2nd tier for me (think you've made a wee error there mate!). To be honest most people that are working should be able to get a grand together.

I agree.

I think it would be better having shares at £500 a pop - if they wanna include more people! £500 is well in reach of everyone! I would see that changing tbh mate.

So what is it....a complete contradiction in the space of 7 mins!!!

Either £1000 is fair or £500???

In the current climate, even normal punters will struggle to find a spare £500 to invest. However I think it would be a much more achievable figure for folk.

Keep in mind that this would be on top of whatever people are paying for their season tickets. I for one couldn't afford £500 - I have more important things to spend that kind of cash on!!!