Blue Knights may borrow £5m from Ticketus to help with Rangers takeover

As indeed D&P, Craig Whytes preferred admins are always keen to point out. I can't see anything wrong with using the media in this respect. It goes along with their promise of open and fair business style. You can disagree with them, but as I say, at least you have some info to disagree with.

What are all the other biddrs plans? Other than to claim they've got lots of money. I'm not sure that's the way we should be going down as we should be looking to plan a sustainable future, not depend on big bucks. Our fan base is our big bucks.

Spot on.

Must say the reactions from some fans leave me very disappointed. Some seem to be still stuck in this false thinking that a rich person is just gonna ride in, sort out the problems, return us to winning ways before selling up and leaving the club in a good footing! I really do despair at times! Listening to that Radio 5 programme last night there was so much optimism that we would survive face the hardships that will come our way and fight our way through them, but then I click on rm and here to see...

It's fine to question things but where's the positive determined vibes? So, we'll need £5 m or so to see us through the 1st stage SO WHAT? So we'll be renegotiate the deal with Ticketus later than we'd like - I'm sure broad terms will have already been agreed. My oh my what are we like?

The chance to live and be in a position to FIGHT our way back to health that's what Paul Murray and the Blue Knights are giving us, have a little faith ffs do you wanna be in a position to fight or have you already given up?

My cash is there for The Blue Knights I wanna fight!

If Rangers do go into Liquidation I won't be supporting Rangers Rovers 2012 - my team will be dead!

Edited by Zappa
Removing an offensive analogy

I agree we must be sustainable but we need a large cash injection to begin with, Murray and the BK seem to want to put us well in hock to achieve this I'm not to comfortable with that.

Agreed Allan.

I find it a tad incredulous that some of us seem so keen to blindly accept the BK offer because they support fan representation.

Absolutely EVERY piece of information coming out about their bid suggests that we will end up in greater debt than we already are. There seems to be no cash injection (guarantees do not constitute cash) from them but a willingness to basically buy the club with debt. Now, debt is no bad thing, but we should be seeing a cash injection alongside it - any bid should not be just about buying the club with debt IMO.

Even the working capital they are going to finance. Where is their money ?

I want to support the deal that is best for the club and I currently don't have the information to make that decision. The BKs have failed to answer many of my questions and I don't have any information on any of the other bids so it's impossible for me to make any decisions at the moment.

I didn't invest in the last rights issue as I, along with many others, saw it as SDM's responsbility to sort out the mess that he had made. It's going to be a similar dilemma if Ticketus are involved and if they are to receive proceeds from any share issue (even indirectly). They are part of the reason we are in this mess (along with Whyte and SDM) and I have major reservations about them getting a penny of my cash.

The big decision comes when there's no other option and there's a choice between paying Ticketus or losing the club.

Spot on.

Must say the reactions from some fans leave me very disappointed. Some seem to be still stuck in this false thinking that a rich person is just gonna ride in, sort out the problems, return us to winning ways before selling up and leaving the club in a good footing! I really do despair at times! Listening to that Radio 5 programme last night there was so much optimism that we would survive face the hardships that will come our way and fight our way through them, but then I click on rm and here to see...

It's fine to question things but where's the positive determined vibes? So, we'll need £5 m or so to see us through the 1st stage SO WHAT? So we'll be renegotiate the deal with Ticketus later than we'd like - I'm sure broad terms will have already been agreed. My oh my what are we like?

The chance to live and be in a position to FIGHT our way back to health that's what Paul Murray and the Blue Knights are giving us, have a little faith ffs do you wanna be in a position to fight or have you already given up?

If Rangers do go into Liquidation I won't be supporting Rangers Rovers 2012 - my team will be dead!

But you simply dont know if their bid is the best bid. You can clap your pom-poms as much as you like but their financing of the club is, literally, no different to Craig Whyte's - all debt, no cash.

Were you providing your cash for Craig Whyte too ?

The BK bid, at this point, is providing ZERO cash injection to the club which is no different to Craig Whyte's financing of the club. Dont get me wrong, debt financing can work but we really do need a cash injection too - comparing them to Craig Whyte is definitely unfair but it is somewhat ominous to me that they are going to finance the purchase of the club through the same type of means as Whyte did.

Edited by Zappa
Removing offensive analogy from quote

Spot on.

But you simply dont know if their bid is the best bid. You can clap your pom-poms as much as you like but their financing of the club is, literally, no different to Craig Whyte's - all debt, no cash.

Were you providing your cash for Craig Whyte too ?

The BK bid, at this point, is providing ZERO cash injection to the club which is no different to Craig Whyte's financing of the club. Dont get me wrong, debt financing can work but we really do need a cash injection too - comparing them to Craig Whyte is definitely unfair but it is somewhat ominous to me that they are going to finance the purchase of the club through the same type of means as Whyte did.

Edited by Zappa
Removing offensive analogy from quote

Spot on.

It's fine to question things but where's the positive determined vibes? So, we'll need £5 m or so to see us through the 1st stage SO WHAT? So we'll be renegotiate the deal with Ticketus later than we'd like - I'm sure broad terms will have already been agreed.

<SNIP>

I've got it now....You are Paul Murray aren't you???

From what I have read, Paul Murray is basically downing what Craig Whyte did - He's using money from various places, none of which is his (or his consortium's) in order to fund the initial take over of the club. By doing this he is going to increase the clubs debt further. Then is is going to get the fans to invest more money to help pay off the debt that he's just increased. Granted he has stated the members of the BK's will invest in the share option - that may be £1000 per head, with the rest being raised by the hard working fans out there.

I don't think anyone is expecting the next Abramovich to come along and constantly plough millions of £££ in every season, but is it wrong to expect a buyer to actually fund the purchase and the initial running costs from their own pocket??? Having financial backup is vitally important IMHO - The BK's don't have ANY financial clout (from what we know so far). Obviously we also don't know what the state of the other bids are, but at least in Brian Kennedy's case we know he has the financial backing to run the club IF REQUIRED!!!

Agreed Allan.

I find it a tad incredulous that some of us seem so keen to blindly accept the BK offer because they support fan representation.

Absolutely EVERY piece of information coming out about their bid suggests that we will end up in greater debt than we already are. There seems to be no cash injection (guarantees do not constitute cash) from them but a willingness to basically buy the club with debt. Now, debt is no bad thing, but we should be seeing a cash injection alongside it - any bid should not be just about buying the club with debt IMO.

Even the working capital they are going to finance. Where is their money ?

BLINDLY!

Yes, I really do despair...

The BK's plan is the only one we know anything about but the whole Ticketus aspect coupled with the obvious lack of capital investment makes it a difficult plan to accept. I can see why Paul Murray has brought Ticketus in as they will become a partner rather than a creditor leaving only HMRC as largest single creditor but if shrewd businessmen like Brian Kennedy (a devout Christian) see no value in them being involved and therefore taking a £24.4m fall then I don't either.

I don't fancy either of the supposed American bids either just on past history and the murky possibility that Whyte is in cahoots with them, so Kennedy for me is the only progressive and secure individual I would remotely trust with Rangers in the fragile position we would be in.

BLINDLY!

Yes, I really do despair...

I have to agree with the above guys mate why the rush to back somebody who wants to put us straight in hock to the company we have been screaming blue murder about for the last few month.

Then once we are up to our eyes, The BK will dangle the fan ownership carrot in front of us and expect us to pay off the debt.

Why dont BK use their own money to stabilise the club then ask us for the cash injection when everything has been squared away.