Some good news at last ???

Wee bit unfair mate, McCoist's team that went out 11 v 11 was more than a match for Lennon's 4-5-1. I'm not a massive McCoist (as a manager) fan but neither am I too blinkered to see that he had us set up and fired up on Sunday to produce the performance that we did. Aside from a 7 minute spell at the end when they got a penalty and a dodgy free kick that led to the 2nd goal.

We played well at times on Sunday and the result was great i have said this but you cant hide from the fact the in the last 10 mens they were better than us. They had more of the ball and scored 2 goals.

Now the question is how did they do this?

I think we proved once again that the players are not fit, i think our players legs went again at the end of a game and a team with 9 men were fitter. Just my view mate.

I agree, we were outplaying them and one nil up when the first man was sent off. I was impressed with the initial formation too, with two up front and two wing backs. I thought Ally's tactics were pretty spot on.

I agree but how did we lose 2 goals at the end to 9 men?

I agree but how did we lose 2 goals at the end to 9 men?

Because we took our eye off the ball. We got a bit overexcited, there was a lot going on. Also, we went to 10 men because one of the goals was a - needless - penalty. That gave them the impetus they needed and they scored again whilst we are reforming ourselves as a 10-man team rather than a 11-man team.

if anything, the scoreline flatters them. Nothing more. I'm not going to lose sleep about it tbh.

Before the game I'd have taken a 3-2 win any day of the week.

Edited by BlueMazza
Doh!

Because we took our eye off the ball. We got a bit overexcited, there was a lot going on. Also, we went to 10 men because one of the goals was a - needless - penalty. That gave them the impetus they needed and they scored again whilst we are reforming ourselves as a 10-man team rather than a 11-man team.

if anything, the scoreline flatters them. Nothing more. I'm not going to lose sleep about it tbh.

Before the game I'd have taken a 3-2 win any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Again i agree with these but people cant say things like Ally got it spot on when at the end it fell apart. It was a great result but i was left wondering about the players levels of fitness again.

Before the game I'd have taken a 3-2 win any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Again i agree with these but people cant say things like Ally got it spot on when at the end it fell apart. It was a great result but i was left wondering about the players levels of fitness again.

it's not fitness, it's concentration. I don't think we always need over analyse every little thing. Yes we could be frustrated at the goals, like I said the penalty was needless and stupid. When you think of the importance of the day (and it WAS, no player wants their bitter rivals to win the league on their turf) I can forgive them.

I don't blame Ally's tactics. The penalty was the result of a silly tackle, and resulted in a man sent off. That spun the players a bit and Celtic scored. I don't think we can blame Ally for every on field issue.

Discipline & concentration lack in the last few mins, but overall I still say his tactics were right.

We played well at times on Sunday and the result was great i have said this but you cant hide from the fact the in the last 10 mens they were better than us. They had more of the ball and scored 2 goals.

Now the question is how did they do this?

I think we proved once again that the players are not fit, i think our players legs went again at the end of a game and a team with 9 men were fitter. Just my view mate.

Losing McCabe had an impact, taking Wallace off had an impact, Aluko coming off had an impact. Had McCabe stayed on and big Jig stayed up front (I know that is like nails on a chalkboard to you :)) then McCabe would have controlled the midfield as he had done all day and we would have had that out ball too. Also, Wallace coming off had an impact on our play too because Kerkar just didnt get into the game (and it was him that gave Rogne too easy a time for the 2nd goal). It is also VERY clear that Aluko coming off had an impact because he was playing very well and against 9 men would have had more space and time on the ball.

Had we kept our starting XI on I fancy we would have scored a couple more to be honest - but the game was won and we need to keep fresh legs for the run in.

To craig, i thought McCulloch had a good game on Sunday, best i have prob seen him play for Rangers.

McCabe and Aluko were big players to lose on the park, how Brown was not sent off i dont know. Kerkar was lost at the goal, tbh i dont think he is a player and will be away in the summer.

I think i'm just annoyed we missed a chance to hammer them, esp as we have nothing left to play for.

To craig, i thought McCulloch had a good game on Sunday, best i have prob seen him play for Rangers.

McCabe and Aluko were big players to lose on the park, how Brown was not sent off i dont know. Kerkar was lost at the goal, tbh i dont think he is a player and will be away in the summer.

I think i'm just annoyed we missed a chance to hammer them, esp as we have nothing left to play for.

I think we ALL wanted that at 3-0 CG. And it WAS disappointing that we lost those 2 late goals. However, I look at the game in total. We were 1-0 up and had created some decent chances by the time of the 1st red. They had a couple of decent chances too to be fair. We will never know but there is a reasonable chance that if Wallace got that shot away we would have been 2-0 up. They can have no complaints with Wanyama's sending off and, by that point, we were already creating chances against 10 men.

All in all, I personally dont think they could complain with either red card and, therefore, we deserved the win. Thankfully at least SOME of the media are reporting that we played them off the park, which we did, bar the final few minutes.