Some good news at last ???

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/310690/Old-Firm-hero-Aluko-will-get-new-contract

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist will make a new contract for Old Firm hero Sone Aluko his priority - as soon as the club is bought-over.

The Nigerian international put on a man-of-the-match display in the 3-2 win over Celtic and McCoist is desperate to extend his current deal beyond the summer.

Aluko, initially, signed a short-term contract at the end of last year although Rangers have an option in place to extend the arrangement for another two years.

The current deal would see the former Birmingham youngster double his current wage - although he would still be well down the Ibrox earning order.

The 23-year-old has also taken a cut, along with the rest of the Rangers first-team, to bail the administrators out and avoid any cuts before the summer.

McCoist knows that Aluko's value is increasing with every game and so will the interest unless he can get the former Aberdeen star tied up.

I enjoyed the match and I thought, as a team, we performed very well

The Ibrox boss is hopeful his club will be taken out of administration over the coming weeks as Duff and Phelps look to cut the shortlist of registered buyers from five to three.

Aluko was just delighted to set the ball rolling, with the opening goal, in a win that denied Celtic the title.

He said: "It was a nice feeling to score in an Old Firm game.

"I wanted to make a positive impact. I just picked the ball up and ran at their defence, like I try to do in every game.

"Fortunately for me, I managed to get into the penalty area and get my shot away and it was a great feeling.

"I enjoyed the match and I thought, as a team, we performed very well."

Aluko will now concentrate on trying to give the Ibrox support even more to smile about over the coming weeks.

"The victory was definitely for the fans," the winger claimed.

"They've had to put up with so much recently and have not had a lot to smile about, but hopefully we've cheered them up. For us, it was about pride and I think we showed how much we wanted to win the game and what it meant to everyone. We were keen not to lose the game for obvious reasons.

"Our players were really pleased to win for the fans. Our dressing room was buzzing after the match because of the importance of the game and it has given everyone connected with the club a huge lift."

ESPANYOL are weighing up a summer swoop for Rangers star Sone Aluko.

SunSport can reveal the La Liga side have watched the Ibrox ace in action this month.

And they're now pondering a deal which could see him lured to Spain at the end of the season.

Aluko, 23, signed a short-term contract with Gers in November which saw him PAY money out of his own pocket to make the move happen.

The cash-strapped club included a two-year option in that initial agreement.

But that became virtually worthless the moment Gers plunged into administration.

Aluko accepted a massive wage cut in line with other Ibrox first-team players.

The former Aberdeen ace is now a huge fans' favourite — especially after scoring against Celtic on Sunday.

And it's NOT certain he'd be in any hurry to leave the SPL's crisis club.

Espanyol, however, are capable of tabling a financial offer which could be hugely tempting to the player.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4221215/Espanyol-take-a-look-at-Aluko.html#ixzz1qIeGN2Sp

Guest Dutchy

Nice weather, nice wages, possibly no European footy, but certainly none if he stays at Rangers.

Does anyone know what his Spanish is like?

I can't believe we didn't sign him on a longer contract when he showed what he could do - before administration.

I can't see him staying if anyone comes in with a similar wage offer or better. Rangers are just not an attractive prospect at the moment, especially when you've already had to take a huge wage cut.

It's a funny one for me, yes i want him signed up but i dont think the current management team should or will be there next season. So i dont think they should be involved in player buys.

Tactics bang on, on Sunday...amirite or a meringue?

Tactics bang on, on Sunday...amirite or a meringue?

Tactics were far from bang on mate, we played against 10 men for most of the game and 9 for a long time. We lost 2 goals at the end instead of hammering them like most teams would have.

Good results and we played well at times but it was far from bang on tactics.

Tactics were far from bang on mate, we played against 10 men for most of the game and 9 for a long time. We lost 2 goals at the end instead of hammering them like most teams would have.

Good results and we played well at times but it was far from bang on tactics.

Wee bit unfair mate, McCoist's team that went out 11 v 11 was more than a match for Lennon's 4-5-1. I'm not a massive McCoist (as a manager) fan but neither am I too blinkered to see that he had us set up and fired up on Sunday to produce the performance that we did. Aside from a 7 minute spell at the end when they got a penalty and a dodgy free kick that led to the 2nd goal.

Wee bit unfair mate, McCoist's team that went out 11 v 11 was more than a match for Lennon's 4-5-1. I'm not a massive McCoist (as a manager) fan but neither am I too blinkered to see that he had us set up and fired up on Sunday to produce the performance that we did. Aside from a 7 minute spell at the end when they got a penalty and a dodgy free kick that led to the 2nd goal.

I agree, we were outplaying them and one nil up when the first man was sent off. I was impressed with the initial formation too, with two up front and two wing backs. I thought Ally's tactics were pretty spot on.