Aluko Booking....

I don't think any player would have done so - the modern ethos of the game dictates you don't argue with the ref if he rules in your favour - you keep shtum even if you know he is wrong.

This is why there is so much cheating in football as it means players lie to the ref all the time and fake a lot of stuff - like diving. It is expected, condoned and rewarded.

That's why we need a change of rules and a campaign to change the ethos. This would also take a lot of pressure of the referee. If he could ask the players for their "real" version of events then he could make a more informed decision. You then hammer those when you can show they lied.

This would hopefully get to the stage where players would have to decide whether they should say they were fouled or not as they could be banned if it can later be shown that they weren't touched "enough".

It's all a million miles away from snooker where players call their own fouls that are unseen by the ref.

I don't think any player would have done so - the modern ethos of the game dictates you don't argue with the ref if he rules in your favour - you keep shtum even if you know he is wrong.

This is why there is so much cheating in football as it means players lie to the ref all the time and fake a lot of stuff - like diving. It is expected, condoned and rewarded.

That's why we need a change of rules and a campaign to change the ethos. This would also take a lot of pressure of the referee. If he could ask the players for their "real" version of events then he could make a more informed decision. You then hammer those when you can show they lied.

This would hopefully get to the stage where players would have to decide whether they should say they were fouled or not as they could be banned if it can later be shown that they weren't touched "enough".

It's all a million miles away from snooker where players call their own fouls that are unseen by the ref.

Football is certainly a million miles away from snooker where the own up when they have made a mistake even although it could cost them a frame. I agree with Cal the punishment for lying should outweigh the punishment for the deed.

Football is certainly a million miles away from snooker where the own up when they have made a mistake even although it could cost them a frame. I agree with Cal the punishment for lying should outweigh the punishment for the deed.

Football is seriously in the gutter when it comes to owning up about anything, Snooker has been mentioned but just about every other sport in the world you will find guys calling fouls on themselves Golf for example players call foul all the time.

So what is it about Football that makes almost all players and staff try to get away everything they can? I'm totally baffled

You can't call Darren Randolph a liar, he's just come out and told the truth. He says he expected to be red-carded - Brines is the man who should be punished, and heavily.

You can't call Darren Randolph a liar, he's just come out and told the truth. He says he expected to be red-carded - Brines is the man who should be punished, and heavily.

Good on him for that, Brines should just be told not to come back.

Another thought thou he never ran to the Ref on Saturday when he saw what was happening and tell him he was about to make the wrong decision. So he can stick his comments up his arse, will Lunny now give him a red card and a one game ban I won't hold my breath.

Edited by GovanAllan

Easy answer....Money!!!

I think there is a lot more money at stake for each decision when it comes to golf. Footballers get paid whether they win or lose - in golf if you don't make the cut, you leave with nothing - and you have to pay your own expenses and caddy etc. There is also the case where one stroke can make a difference of hundreds of thousands of pounds in prize money.

I think one of the reasons that golf is so honest is that it's such an easy game to cheat at, so the whole game is based on integrity and any sort of cheating is considered an abomination by everyone. In football, if you're honest you're considered naive and stupid by everyone.

Huge money in all the main sports these days thou Darther it must be something more.

True....but I believe that the sports which have a more honest approach are ones where the participants don't earn a wage ie. Golfers earn their living mainly through prize money, as do snooker players.

This then takes a different slant - Those that have to win in order to make money, tend to be the ones less likely to cheat to get there - don't know why this is the case.