Aluko Booking....

WV5-Mwell-v-Rangers.jpg

When you look at what the keeper Randolph is doing with his studs showing and then you look at where the ball is, to me that's the type of challenge that could easily see a keeper getting a red card these days.

Looked very, very soft for me, the Aluko push during the goal.

Totally agree metlika. There's jostling and pushing in the box at almost every single corner kick or set piece and it's rarely dealt with because it's just part of the game.

Something I can't stand is keepers being deliberately obstructed on a constant basis at corners and set pieces and that's something that I've noticed Celtic's strikers have been doing all season. Almost every time they pack into the box two of them deliberately try to obstruct the keeper from being able to get to the ball.

WV5-Mwell-v-Rangers.jpg

When you look at what the keeper Randolph is doing with his studs showing and then you look at where the ball is, to me that's the type of challenge that could easily see a keeper getting a red card these days.

Looks like a straight red to me and NOT for preventing a goalscoring opportunity.

That would only have been a red for preventing an opportunity for me. Randolph was going for the ball IMO, his studs werent showing, he was trying to sidefoot it from what I could see.

Still a penalty though.

WV5-Mwell-v-Rangers.jpg

The pic shows Aluko being caught on his right shin, it looks like studs into his leg, when the ref booked him Aluko pointed to his left thigh. If you look closely at Iain's video on post #17 you'll notice the keepers studs do not go into his shin but do catch him on the thigh. Howzat for video evidence.

Have to say Brines must be the poorest ref I've ever seen how he is still in the SPL is beyond belief.

While we're on refs wonder if popcorn teeth will be crying criminal about the ref in his game today or is it only criminal when the decision goes against the Bheasts.