Aluko Booking....

MOTHERWELL keeper Darren Randolph has cleared Sone Aluko of diving and told blunder ref Iain Brines: I deserved a red card!

The Fir Park shotstopper tripped Rangers hitman Aluko as the Nigerian skipped past him inside the box.

Incredibly, Brines booked the Rangers man for simulation and awarded a goal-kick.

Republic of Ireland keeper Randolph, however, has admitted the decision was completely wrong and it left him stunned.

Randolph said: "Everyone saw it. I was sat on the floor waiting for my marching orders so I don’t know why the referee didn’t give it.

"I definitely made contact. I missed the ball and got him. But the ref booked him instead so I wasn’t going to complain. Sone said something to me, but I said to him that it wasn’t my problem. I don’t give the red cards or penalties so what did he want me to do?

"He kind of shrugged me off, so I left him to it. I kind of put an arm over his shoulder and he threw it back in my face. I just said: “What do want me to do?”

ì

I was sat on the floor waiting for my marching orders so I don’t know why the referee didn’t give it

î

Darren Randolph

Aluko was found guilty by the SFA of diving to win a penalty in an SPL clash earlier this season ˆ even though Rangers insisted he was tugged - and Randolph believes the Ibrox striker's reputation is now goingbefore him.

The keeper added: "If people feel he goes down too easy and I am not saying he does then that can definitely play a part in situations like this.But people on the sidelines heard me kick his shinpad, so I don’t know how the ref missed it."

There is no appeal for a yellow card offence and Aluko will now need to take the rap for a "dive."

Motherwell took the lead but lost out after Steven Whittaker netted and then Lee McCulloch popped up with a last-gasp winner.The Lanarkshire side are now facing pressure from the likes of St Johnstone for third space.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/312039/Aluko-didn-t-dive-admits-Randolph

Yep, it is, one could say, cheap talk now (not least since we won anyway). While I admire his dignity and will to clear Aluko's name, he could easily have said so at the time (and accepting the brunt of the Motherwell support's opinion on such game-defining matters. McCall would have been proud of him though.). Maybe next time he will, though I'd hope that it won't be against Flying Stokes and cart-wheeling Samaras.

Edited by der Berliner