Player of the Season (so far!)

Who is your player of the season (pre split)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your player of the season (pre split)

• McGregor
    • Whittaker
    • Goian
    • Bocanegra
    • Papac
    • Wallace
    • Davis
    • Edu
    • McCulloch
    • Aluko

Ooomph.....Naismith or Jelavic for me.

Why is Whittaker even on the list? One magical goal against Motherwell will give him an auto start in the team.

Trust you to be awkward!

It's fair point but as I said I wanted to include all the current first team and like it or not Whittaker is the manager's first choice at RB.

I exclued Jelavic becuase he isn't here any more though I agree that 17 goals in 28 starts might well qualify him in some people's eyes. I excluded Naismith sadly due to injury that has restricted him to 9 goals in 15 appearances. I also left out Lafferty, TBH I forgot all about him!

I must say that I am surprised at the support for Aluko as Player of the SEASON, given he only signed on November and has played just 16 games.

To be honest only Naismith was as stand out as Aluko. Bocanegra's performances have been exaggerated and defending is far less skilful as attacking. For me Naismith, Aluko and recently McCulloch have been stand outs.

Really tough call, but to my mind it can only be between Bocanegra & McGregor since Aluko missed a large chunk of the season and has only played in 15 SPL games since he signed at the end of November. He's proven to be an absolutely cracking signing, but 13 league starts and a couple of sub appearances isn't enough for me to call him player of the season. Also, while Aluko has been a really good signing, contributed A LOT while we're without Naismith and undoubtedly has a lot of talent, I'd like to have seen him getting a few more assists on top of the goals he's scored. We could maybe blame our lack of strikers this season for that though and perhaps if we'd had more finishers in the team since Aluko signed he'd have a better tally of assists. Still, he's done great and I'm not trying to take anything away from his contribution, but for me it's definitely between McGregor & Bocanegra for player of the season. I went for Bocanegra, but it was almost impossible to choose. So much so that I'm still undecided and thinking I should maybe have voted for McGregor.

In fact, I've actually changed my vote to McGregor in the thread poll results because he's played 31 of our 33 SPL games so far and made well over a hundred saves, keeping a dozen or so clean sheets. I actually think he should have kept more clean sheets than he has too, but poor performances from the whole team in many games and errors from players in our back line have let the big shot stopper down this season.

Player of the season? .... He dives to the left, he dives to the right........................... :tu:

Trust you to be awkward!

It's fair point but as I said I wanted to include all the current first team and like it or not Whittaker is the manager's first choice at RB.

I exclued Jelavic becuase he isn't here any more though I agree that 17 goals in 28 starts might well qualify him in some people's eyes. I excluded Naismith sadly due to injury that has restricted him to 9 goals in 15 appearances. I also left out Lafferty, TBH I forgot all about him!

Sorry chief! Same last season when Miller was way top scorer then scored and he deserved a mention for POTY.

This season Naismith and Jelavic are out in front for me. In the current squad I give you Aluko and Bocanegra.....hope they are both in next seasons line up. Goian started very well but has had a few rough games but he could come good.

Aside from POTY Davie Weir should not have been released so early.