Admin Statement on SPL rule change proposals - 11/04

The shitty thing is that the SPL are trying to change the rules as they go along seeing as we're in administration. Shouldn't it be the normal and fair thing to give decent notice of this change and not include clubs already affected?

This really stinks. If they want to change the rules fair enough but they seem to be doing an HMRC and trying to introduce it retrospectively. Never again will I feel sorry for the plight of the wee clubs... bastards the lot of them.

Guys I care less about admin statement at this minute (they can continue their job, but have to cover all bases) than I do about what the SPL are trying to do to our club! This is sabotage. No one has discussed Administration/Liquidation rules until we are in the position. Suddenly it's top of the agenda, requires a vote immediately.

It's a complete fucking disgrace and I'm bloody angry. Yes we kind of knew about it, but their timing etc. is more than coincidence.

I'm aware I sound like a conspiracy theory but is it any bloody wonder?

They would allow a newco in but reduce SPL revenue by 75%. This is a kowtow to Celtic who don't want less of a share but are happy to see us get fuck all, even though the TV deal is completely reliant on us & Septic being in the league.

They WANT OUR MONEY, whilst the kick our ass. Rangers have to fight this, fans & club.

The shitty thing is that the SPL are trying to change the rules as they go along seeing as we're in administration. Shouldn't it be the normal and fair thing to give decent notice of this change and not include clubs already affected?

This really stinks. If they want to change the rules fair enough but they seem to be doing an HMRC and trying to introduce it retrospectively. Never again will I feel sorry for the plight of the wee clubs... bastards the lot of them.

It wouldn't be done retrospectively. Any new rules would come into effect from the end of the season. May 14th.

It wouldn't be done retrospectively. Any new rules would come into effect from the end of the season. May 14th.

Thus it would set this date as a deadline for us to exit administration in order to avoid the proposed punishments. Also you can be sure that SPL approval of any newco route would be delayed to the extent that we wouldn't meet said deadline.

Edited by UCF2008

I hope another club goes into admin next season now, bad thing to say after what we're going through but this is clearly an attempt to cause maximum damage to Rangers. No help from any corner of the game while FA's and League's across Europe bend over backwards to help member clubs in financial difficulty.

Thus it would set this date as a deadline for us to exit administration in order to avoid the proposed punishments. Also you can be sure that SPL approval of any newco route would be delayed to the extent that we wouldn't meet said deadline.

The end of the season was always the cut-off point and we were always struggling to meet that deadline given the way D&P have dragged their feet.

I hope another club goes into admin next season now, bad thing to say after what we're going through but this is clearly an attempt to cause maximum damage to Rangers. No help from any corner of the game while FA's and League's across Europe bend over backwards to help member clubs in financial difficulty.

There are one or two clubs on the brink who may choose to look towards their own precarious future.