will you support

Fiorentina got special treatment from the Italian FA if memory serves me....something to do with their contribution to football in that country.

It's very worrying that the opposite is happening in Scotland regarding Rangers service to football, not just here but all over the world.

Rangers like Fiorentina are renowned and have done great things for the football cause, and a little respect shown to us wouldn't go amiss.

As the article highlighted by der Berliner explains, Fiorentina won promotion twice and also skipped a division for "sports merits" thus moving from Serie C2 (fourth division) to Serie A between 2002 and 2004.

What I find even more interesting is that if you look at the UEFA web site http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=52817/profile/index.html it lists all the Club's results and honours over the years when they were AC Fiorentina under the name of the new Club ACF Fiorentina thus proving to me at any rate that if Rangers went into liquidation and emerged as a newco, to all intents and purposes they would be regarded as the same Club that won the Cup Winners Cup in Barcelona in 1972 etc etc.

if rangers do indeed go into liquidation who will support a new co?

i wont be. should we go down the pan then im finished with football. i will never put another penny into the game and ill make sure my son doesnt either.

I sat on my grandfathers knee when i was 5 and he told me that his dad too was a rangers fan. that takes my familys involvement with rangers back to before the turn of the 20th century. A very long line of tradition. A tradition that will disappear in an instant should we go down the tubes over the next few weeks.

You just cant replace that. it just wont be the same.

Absolutely 100% spot on - others are kidding themselves on, they'll be surprised how easy it'll be to walk away from a club that ISN'T RANGERS! Scottish football as a competitive sport will be over. FINNITO.

Guest Danna

I will follow Rangers no matter what form we find ourselves in, my father and grandfather have my son does (6), and if that means following a newco (not my preferred option) then so be it, I wear the blue with pride and always will. My son plays out the back door in his gers kit pretending to be Alan mcgregor (his favourite player) as I did imagining being ally when I was a boy. Remember we are born blue and I will die blue, we don't follow those who have put us in this position we follow RANGERS.

I will follow Rangers no matter what form we find ourselves in, my father and grandfather have my son does (6), and if that means following a newco (not my preferred option) then so be it, I wear the blue with pride and always will. My son plays out the back door in his gers kit pretending to be Alan mcgregor (his favourite player) as I did imagining being ally when I was a boy. Remember we are born blue and I will die blue, we don't follow those who have put us in this position we follow RANGERS.

That is a great sentence and sums it all up in a nutshell.:thup:

If we become a newco, what effect would that have on our on going problems with UEFA hammering us everytime we play in europe?

Would we have no previous convictions for a better word?

Would our co-efficient fall away?

Now i dont want a newco but i'm starting to think that it could be a chance to start a fresh if it came to this. Get people to support us as a football club and leave them to the religious bile and hate. Just a thought.

If we become a newco, what effect would that have on our on going problems with UEFA hammering us everytime we play in europe?

Now i dont want a newco but i'm starting to think that it could be a chance to start a fresh if it came to this. Get people to support us as a football club and leave them to the religious bile and hate. Just a thought.

If only mate, maybe some will fall away but I suspect we'll still have the FTP brigade dragging us down no matter what happens business wise.

If only mate, maybe some will fall away but I suspect we'll still have the FTP brigade dragging us down no matter what happens business wise.

I just think no matter who takes over and if it's a cva or newco we should use this as a fresh start. Sadly i think your right and the FTP brigade will become more vocal.

Originally Posted by CumbernauldGers

I have only missed one away European game in the past 7 years and the impression I have gained is that there are some people who take the view that anything goes when you are in a foreign country e.g singing FTP loud and clear in Eindhoven. It would be nice to think that if there was a newco then some of the religious baggage would disappear but equally some might think it an excuse to double up on that.

I am fairly sure that UEFA will take the view that if it looks like Rangers i.e. we play in red, white and blue; plays at the same stadium with the same trophies in the trophy room; and its fans sing the same songs (good and bad) as they have always done, then it probably is the same Rangers and they would act accordingly.

This might be open to a legal challenge but the best solution of course would be for fans to leave all that nonsense behind newco or no newco.

I've started a new thread by analysing this issue but in reality Rangers and Scotland coefficient has already fallen away and gets worse from next year when our run to Manchester drops out of the picture.