Well done Vanguard Bears , hope this is the start of a unified support

I Emailed Mark Dingwall and John Hannah this today.

Hi Jim,

I appreciate your in box will be pretty full and your phone will be hot right now. I'll cut to the chase. Like all Bears right now i'm a nervous wreck. The one thing we have strongly lacked during this time is unification of the fans. I'm sure you're well aware of infractions between the various official, and non official (but still important) fan groups. These infractions are down to a few things, ego's, strong personalities, and long running arguments that have probably stemmed from the various Rangers message boards.

I'll highlight now i am not a member of any of the official groups. The only message board i'm on is gersnet. It's time for all the posturing and egos to be dropped, and lines in the sand to be drawn between the fans groups.

I've been told you're a very open guy and help when you can. So i'm asking you on behalf of the many Rangers fans that followed me on a twitter account i set up today, @rangersunified, to get on touch with the various heads of the groups and get them together in a room, look each other in the eye, shake hands and let by gones be by gones. In other words a lot of lines in the sand.

Together as one we're a far stronger vocal unit.

This need to be done today or at the very latest by tomorrow lunchtime. I'm sure you can get them a room somewhere in Ibrox to sit and chat, and you yourself act as some sort of mediator between them?

It's desperate times mate and we need your help more than ever.

Me writing to you, all stemmed from a blog i wrote today, then was pushed to set up the @rangersunified twitter account. You can read my words here. http://frankieinseasia.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-for-all-fans-groups-to-come.html

We really hope you can help

All the best

Frankie

Mark Dingwall replied 5 mins ago

No problem. The door is always open to Rangers fans to get involved in activity.

We don't need to be singing from exactly the same hymn-sheet but the same hymn-book would be good.

Unity already exists. From the time the choice was between Miller and the Blue Knights no true Ranger has doubted what side to be on.

I've been following your blog with interest since it started.

We've got dark days ahead I have no doubt The Rangers will survive.

MARK

Very decent of the chap to reply as his phone must be red hot right now

Unity already exists. From the time the choice was between Miller and the Blue Knights no true Ranger has doubted what side to be on.

Unity...... my arse. Still taking a dig.

Good on'em if they can pull it all together, but I'm a true Ranger and TBK has shown me no reason to believe their bid is the way forward.

Guest gazgsm1

I am not VB admin, but I am a member of VB. The differences VB members have with other individuals have been put to one side by all at VB. This statement from our admin was as sincere as it can be.

This is not the time for petty disagreements, this is a time to come together as a family should in times of crisis.

This isn't a time for people with chips on their shoulders about this forum or that forum or indeed this person, that person etc.

This is VB saying blood is thicker than water. Isn't that what families do in times of crisis?

As soon as I read MD's response I thought about the same piece of his response.

There was absolutely no need to bring the Miller vs TBK issue into responding to a fan about getting unity. I want unity and I want it now. But with MD making what appears to be a snidey "if you support Miller's bid then you arent a true fan" comment how can it be done ? IMO that single sentence did nothing more than probably create further unrest, animosity and even splits between an already fractured support.

I cant believe he said that. He needs to think through the repercussions of his statements before he makes them.

Disappointing of him to say that. I am not sure how it can be taken out of context. He is saying those of us Bears, of which there are many, who are either pro-Miller or sceptical of TBK, arent true Rangers fans. Incredible. I am shaking my head in disbelief.

As soon as I read MD's response I thought about the same piece of his response.

There was absolutely no need to bring the Miller vs TBK issue into responding to a fan about getting unity. I want unity and I want it now. But with MD making what appears to be a snidey "if you support Miller's bid then you arent a true fan" comment how can it be done ? IMO that single sentence did nothing more than probably create further unrest, animosity and even splits between an already fractured support.

I cant believe he said that. He needs to think through the repercussions of his statements before he makes them.

Disappointing of him to say that. I am not sure how it can be taken out of context. He is saying those of us Bears, of which there are many, who are either pro-Miller or sceptical of TBK, arent true Rangers fans. Incredible. I am shaking my head in disbelief.

I get that and i did wince when i read it. But there it is.

I get that and i did wince when i read it. But there it is.

Wouldn't expect any different. We want unity! As long as you're willing to consent to our principles.

Cold day in hell.

Guest Pioneer
Perhaps for other supporters. Their head admin made it quite clear to me what he thought of me.

I feel there's a reason they put that statement out. I don't believe they meant it. Open to being proven wrong though.

My first post and yes, I'm a VB but am extremely disappointed with this but not overly surprised. There will always be some who find it difficult to give VB any sort of credit at all, instead choose to look for ulterior motives. What the VB Head Admin thinks of you personally is very clearly a reason for your bitterness. Hand has been stretched out here, some just unwilling to accept that hand... which is fine I guess.

Be assured though, that statement is 100% genuine.