Rangers in the 3rd Div

You would think they would post-pone their vote until next season in case we're not there. That could be amusing - Celtic force us to leave the SPL and then get out voted 11-1 for changes in the voting system to 8-4. Then the greedy SPL clubs start using this power to dismantle the financial advantage of one club - more even TV and sponsorship money payments, proportion of gate receipts paid to away team, wage cap etc. We could come back to find them struggling rather than dominating.

That would then affect us but maybe it's the shot in the arm the whole of Scottish football needs.

That is my thinking exactly!!! We are going to be crippled for the next 2 season - no guarantees of finishing in the top 2, so therefore we may start to receive the reduced finances due to league position. NOW is the time to hold our hands up and admit we've been humbled, and to align our SPL vote with the other teams. Better distribution of the TV & sponsorship money, and a better split on voting. I would love to see Liewell's face if D&P were to start voting against them and supporting the other teams!!!!

You've got to admit that at the moment it would hurt them far more than it would hurt us. But do we want to also cut off our own nose to spite them?

The long term problem in making a more evenly financed league is that our nation would become a European minnow.

I can only really speak from a Thai and Middle east prospective. If anything the EPL AND Championship is getting bigger. When i’m in the Gulf working when it’s sat i have to hunt for my staff as they’re in their bloody rooms watching an EPL game. When you go to a pub in Dubai, Oman Bahrain they’re very busy with Ex pats and the natives.

In Thailand it’s bonkers. The last Man U Liverpool game had huge crowds ij=n Bangkok sponsered by Singha watching the game, i think there was 10,000 there. Where i live in a city call Rayong, where i am virtually the only Honkey in the village, the main strip which is about 3 miles long, each and every bar was pakced out for that game, god knows how many people were out for it.

I don;t think it’s gonna burst any time soon at all. It;s getting bigger

Cometh the time, cometh the burst. IMHO, apart from a chosen handful of teams, the EPL teams and some of the contenders of the Championship live well beyond their means, when you'd take away the Sky-deal. While the rest of the world's team live from gate receipts and usually rather low TV contracts, the EPL is bathed in Sky-money much like ManC is bathed in oil-money. If the sheikh decides enough is enough, or e.g. a sun-storn stops Sky's satellites from working for a couple of months ... well. IMHO, the EPL will see its own "credit crucnh" one day. Maybe not anytime soon, but it will come, no doubt about that.

It's the law of diminishing returns. There will eventually be a time when something breaks and the EPL will have to cope. Unless they also do some financial rules before then, it looks like it will collapse like the world economy. I can't see how it is sustainable. Popularity for anything waxes and wanes - but when something gets too big, the waning means it catastrophically collapses in on itself.

Cometh the time, cometh the burst. IMHO, apart from a chosen handful of teams, the EPL teams and some of the contenders of the Championship live well beyond their means, when you'd take away the Sky-deal. While the rest of the world's team live from gate receipts and usually rather low TV contracts, the EPL is bathed in Sky-money much like ManC is bathed in oil-money. If the sheikh decides enough is enough, or e.g. a sun-storn stops Sky's satellites from working for a couple of months ... well. IMHO, the EPL will see its own "credit crucnh" one day. Maybe not anytime soon, but it will come, no doubt about that.

Ho does the Sky contract work with TV companies abroad? Is it sky they broker the deal with as they have the broadcast rites or do the foreign TV stations broeker with the EPL themselves? I pay roughly £70 a month for my subscription for the EPL, Spanish and German football

Sky Germany recently bought the Bundesliga TV rights for some Euro 650m, a new record. They also show the big games and highlights from the grand leagues of Europe over here, as well as the odd Old Firm game. Sky took over the ailing German pay TV supreme Premiere, who were screening the Sky games previously. How much of the Sky money will go to the clubs remains to be seen.