Preferred Bidder in 24 Hours!

I know it's bizarre that those championing the newco scenario don't realise that the players are employed by Rangers Football Club plc and cannot be transferred to another employer without their explicit consent and I very much doubt if any of them would actually want to do that and I for one couldn't blame them.

Yeah, well see above. Going by the arguments in opposition to the newco scenario, we're losing these players regardless.

Is it inability or is it unwillingness though?

That's the crux of it. I sat through the DVD D&P made for the meeting at Ibrox on Saturday and thought it seemed like a promotion for the Miller bid.

The Blue Knights are in danger of being edged out the power struggle by US-based Miller as boss Ally McCoist admits he is fed up with the Ibrox saga.

Sources told SunSport NO decision had yet been made by under-pressure administrators Duff & Phelps.

But an outcome is expected today, with trucking tycoon Miller’s £11million bid believed to be out in front.

McCoist says the whole thing has now become a CIRCUS and he desperately wants it to end.

Yesterday was exactly four years on from the day Gers beat Fiorentina on penalties to reach the 2008 UEFA Cup Final.

And McCoist said: “The first three years after that were all right. It’s just this year that’s been a shambles, to be honest.

“I’m talking about the situation at our club and the whole CIRCUS that’s been surrounding the club.

“Everybody just wants a resolution. We all do.

“It’s a shame, a real shame for everybody. Hopefully things will happen soon, but even naming a preferred bidder is only a step in the right direction.

“It’s by no means the end result we’re all looking for. There is still a lot of work to be done.

“Although a preferred bidder will be appointed, I’d imagine the potential new owner might only be able to tell me what I might be able to do as manager. I’ll still need to wait on decisions which will tell me if I can actually do it.”

McCoist has held talks with both Miller and the Blue Knights and added: “I’m appealed-out and deadlined-out, to be honest with you. But we can’t give up hope. You’ve got to keep believing and have hope and faith that something is going to happen.

“Time is just not an ally. It’s ticking and ticking and getting to the stage where there won’t be any time left at all.

“But, having spoken to the administrators and two of the potential purchasers, I’m hopeful agreement can be reached.

“I spoke to Bill Miller on Friday. I had a conference call with him for an hour and a half.

“I spoke with Brian Kennedy on Friday as well.

“I’m remaining upbeat and they’re both seriously interested.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz1tf5kUahA

What you're saying is all these players will go, regardless of a newco or not. Because if we survive this and get a new owner, we have no Europe next season anyway, we have a transfer embargo, and we've been fined more money that we don't have.

What all of you seem to be saying, even if you don't realise it, is that newco or not, we're going to lose a lot of players and be at the mercy of the SPL/SFA.

So, given the above, frankly a newco is a no-brainer, and as I've been witteringly endlessly, let's do it in England.

For how many years have we been wanting some way,any way to GTF out of this Mickey Mouse league.

Now,with the situation we find ourselves in,if we survive we have to go somewhere.Question is 3rd. division SFL

or 2nd division England(if they will have us) As you say no brainer. Let's do it in England.

That's the crux of it. I sat through the DVD D&P made for the meeting at Ibrox on Saturday and thought it seemed like a promotion for the Miller bid.

No surprise there then since they've been openly promoting the Miller bid for a while now and as forlan and others have said numerous times, they've also been (indirectly) promoting the newco/hybrid course of action all along.

On top of that we had Doncaster on the TV last night clearly trying to defend the newco scenario, which I don't have a problem with him doing, but it's very interesting that that particular question is the only one he answered in a way that suggests what on earth is going on behind the scenes here.

Hasn't it been widely reported that these players can leave if Whyte returns? Well, we don't appear to be rid of him.

For a set fee yes, but a newco allows them to leave for free whether Whyte is involved or not.

The way I see it, this could have been done weeks ago.

TBK with whoever had no chance, as long as their conditions were attached [CVA agreed and Whytes shares delivered]

If they want to win, it is time to do what ever is needed.