On the park consequences...off the park turmoil.

Assuming SPL participation, does anyone believe that the ST uptake will be as large as it has been, if we are not going to be dominating the division, and perceived to be playing with a poorer squad? This would obviously impact upon the size of the deficit that needs to be bridged.

Assuming SPL participation, does anyone believe that the ST uptake will be as large as it has been, if we are not going to be dominating the division, and perceived to be playing with a poorer squad? This would obviously impact upon the size of the deficit that needs to be bridged.

It's quite difficult to answer that.

Clearly, in recent weeks, crowds have been very good because of the siege mentality created. I'd imagine if season tickets went on sale quickly, many will buy because of the adversity.

Unfortunately, just as many will not because of doubts about the quality and where the money is going.

Can the club realistically charge a minimum £420 again this year in any case?

It's quite difficult to answer that.

Clearly, in recent weeks, crowds have been very good because of the siege mentality created. I'd imagine if season tickets went on sale quickly, many will buy because of the adversity.

Unfortunately, just as many will not because of doubts about the quality and where the money is going.

Can the club realistically charge a minimum £420 again this year in any case?

I was there in the early eighties when I was a teenager, Frankie, and don't get me wrong, I loved those times, despite what was on the park, but the crowds from then tell their own story. The prices in real terms have more than doubled since that era too.

The attendance on Wednesday night should also be a warning to those thinking that everyone will turn up regardless. I know that it was a midweek, dead rubber, but rallying cries only last for so long.

I was there in the early eighties when I was a teenager, Frankie, and don't get me wrong, I loved those times, despite what was on the park, but the crowds from then tell their own story. The prices in real terms have more than doubled since that era too.

The attendance on Wednesday night should also be a warning to those thinking that everyone will turn up regardless. I know that it was a midweek, dead rubber, but rallying cries only last for so long.

I agree with you mate.

Which is why I don't think the SFL3 should be anything more than some sort of romantic dream.

Edited by Frankie

I agree with you mate.

Which is why I don't think the SFL3 should been anything more than some sort of romantic dream.

It's never going to be a choice of any owner, and McCoist's ill-considered remarks should have been kept to himself, even if it was some sort of clumsy attempt at pressuring the authorities. It would nail the coffin shut for good.

For the time being, I refrain from making any comment on the staff situation. We know next to nothing about Miller's plans and how he wants to tackle the wage and other bills. I do assume he will have enough companies and enough experience to know that there needs to be some "high earners" to get some quality of money.

He's not even here yet.

For the time being, I refrain from making any comment on the staff situation. We know next to nothing about Miller's plans and how he wants to tackle the wage and other bills. I do assume he will have enough companies and enough experience to know that there needs to be some "high earners" to get some quality of money.

He's not even here yet.

According to this mornings Record,Miller has already quizzed McCoist about players he'd like to keep.If true,then maybe things

wont be nearly as bad as we are thinking.

I was there in the early eighties when I was a teenager, Frankie, and don't get me wrong, I loved those times, despite what was on the park, but the crowds from then tell their own story.

Part of the reason for lower crowds was the rebuilding of Ibrox and English and Celtic crowds were down at the same time...

The prices in real terms have more than doubled since that era too.

Price of a pint has gone up five fold since 1986 (60p - 70p) - tickets sounds like a bargain in comparson.

The retail price index has gone up 2.75 times since 1982 and average earnings have gone up 4.19 times. Seems to me it's relatively half as cheap now as it was in the 80's.

Does anyone remember exactly how much it was in the 80's?

Or is the problem that many people are paying about £600 a year to watch sport on the telly - and many enjoy watching English football compared to their own team?

Don't understand season ticket holders not turning up and we could really do with a show of support at the moment. But then I personally don't think our support is anywhere near as loyal or as strong as most of us like to kid ourselves on.

We like to say we are the people, but we really can't be bothered actually being the people...

I think it's likely there will be a wage cap with only a couple of exceptions allowed.

Possibly that could be phased in though if we manage to cover some of the losses through selling one or two of our more valuable playing assets.

Whether the transfer embargo remains or not I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 4 or 5 players leaving in the summer even if we do stay in the SPL.

As for the fans, it's hard to say. I think SFL3 would see attendances dwindle to an all time low. If we stay in the SPL then I don't see much change as long as we remain competitive. Also if we're up against it due to points deductions, this might even be an extra incentive for the support.

Part of the reason for lower crowds was the rebuilding of Ibrox and English and Celtic crowds were down at the same time...

Price of a pint has gone up five fold since 1986 (60p - 70p) - tickets sounds like a bargain in comparson.

The retail price index has gone up 2.75 times since 1982 and average earnings have gone up 4.19 times. Seems to me it's relatively half as cheap now as it was in the 80's.

Does anyone remember exactly how much it was in the 80's?

Or is the problem that many people are paying about £600 a year to watch sport on the telly - and many enjoy watching English football compared to their own team?

Don't understand season ticket holders not turning up and we could really do with a show of support at the moment. But then I personally don't think our support is anywhere near as loyal or as strong as most of us like to kid ourselves on.

We like to say we are the people, but we really can't be bothered actually being the people...

35lgnyd.jpg

Apologies for not being accurate enough for you, but this should put your gas at a peep.