6,8, 12 months time???

Crystal balls at the ready....

In 6, 8, 12 months time, the Rangers newco is up & running with the same team/strip/stadium/manager etc. The league is under way and our quest for No.55 is in full flow. We're sitting top of the league with a small lead over 2nd placed Motherwell (;) ) and we're still in both domestic cups.

Will any of the fans still care about the "oldco"???

In 6, 8, 12 months time, the Rangers newco is up & running with the same team/strip/stadium/manager etc. The league is under way and our quest for No.55 is in full flow. We're sitting top of the league with a small lead over 2nd placed Motherwell (;) ) and we're still in both domestic cups.

As much as I don't agree with your tongue in cheek prediction... I have to agree with this "old co/new co" thing. If the press hadn't drummed this phrase home every single day since this sheite started most people would have been relatively oblivious to the rejigging of the business arm of Rangers. For most fans Rangers are not a business, they are a football team and that's were their history and emotional attachment comes from and always will.

The actual prediction may be a bit of a long shot - crystal ball needs a bit of a polish....but the point being if the club is competing as before will folk care about the oldco???

I agree with Max Rebo's point that most fans are primarily concerned with the football side of things. I think that while to team is playing/performing etc the oldco will be forgotten about pretty quickly and no-one will be bother whether it's liquidated/merged or whatever!!!

Guest Smug Bluenose
...I think that while to team is playing/performing etc the oldco will be forgotten about pretty quickly and no-one will be bother whether it's liquidated/merged or whatever!!!

Exactly what Celtic did in 1994.

I will, but I appear to be in the minority now. Some people will accept anything if it's sold to them in the right way.

Football fans are fickle.

Both Rangers fans and non-RFC fans will be annoyed at any newco - successful quickly again or not. This annoyance will quickly wear off as people realise they need the stability and comfort of their usual loves/hates.

Even the reaction to a newco has been reasonably mild I'd say.

I think that's because a lot of fans genuinely fear for the club's survival. A newco route out of this sordid mess, though far from being ideal, is far more palatable than the complete death of the club.

Football fans are fickle.

Both Rangers fans and non-RFC fans will be annoyed at any newco - successful quickly again or not. This annoyance will quickly wear off as people realise they need the stability and comfort of their usual loves/hates.

Duff & Phelps just 'boiled a frog' and the pathetic and apathetic just stood mute and watched.

Exactly what Celtic did in 1994.

It's actually nothing like what Celtic did but it is identical to what Leeds did. I don't hear anyone saying they are not the same team. The only place this would happen is Scotland and it's mainly because there are a lot of people who are desperate to find any way to bring the club down.

Duff & Phelps just 'boiled a frog' and the pathetic and apathetic just stood mute and watched.

That's a pretty scathing thing to say about the fans when a large percentage of them have been struggling to understand what's been going on during this whole mess. Even people with reasonable knowledge of football club administrations have been completely baffled by a lot of this, so how are the every day fans who're only really interested in the club managing to survive supposed to even understand it all never mind know what to do or say?