We Both Back Miller - Brian Kennedy

BRIAN KENNEDY has backed rival bidder Bill Miller to restore Rangers to their former glory.

The Sale Sharks owner joined forces with Paul Murray’s Blue Knights.

But they lost out to the American tycoon’s £11.2million offer.

Murray admitted he was surprised and disappointed to be KO’d by administrators Duff & Phelps.

But Kennedy last night told SunSport: “There’s no sour grapes on my part, none at all.

“My mission and aim was only to ensure that Rangers were rescued and spared from going into liquidation. That the club’s history and tradition remained intact.

“From that point of view, it’s very much mission accomplished.

“Mr Miller is a very credible businessman and he’s ticked all the boxes from an administrators point of view.

“He has already invested an awful lot of his time, money and effort into his bid for the football club.

“Yes, he has endured some very difficult times, but in my experience, the hard times only make you stronger.

“Rangers are now in good hands and ready to move forward.

“I believe Mr Miller to be a very good man.

“I would like to wish him, the team and the club every success for the future.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4298846/Brian-Kennedy-Hes-best-man-for-job.html#ixzz1txGwvUOW

HIS hair is thinner and greyer, his eyes sunken and heavy.

Rangers gaffer McCoist has looked like he’s been carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders for the last three months.

A true figurehead for fans and a tower of strength for his players, McCoist has been in the eye of the administration storm.

On Thursday night, after tow-truck tycoon Bill Miller was finally given the go-ahead to end the painful process and snap up Gers, Coisty slept soundly for the first time since February 14.

Yet he knows his Ibrox nightmare is FAR from over yet.

McCoist, desperate to give the beleagured Gers fans a last home win of the season against Motherwell today, said: “I did sleep a little easier on Thursday night.

“I don’t think we can get carried away, but no one can argue it’s a huge step for Rangers.

“It is only one step though and we still have a good few to go.

“But what has happened in the last 24 hours must be regarded as positive by everybody.

“It is a step in the right direction.

“We have all been waiting on a preferred bidder status being given to someone and the administrators believe Bill Miller has ticked the boxes.

“We have to respect that, it’s a positive step in the right direction but there is still a bit to go, obviously.”

McCoist’s debut season in the managerial dug out is one he’s unlikely to forget.

Football has taken a back seat with the Ibrox goalscoring legend embarking on a crash course in crisis management.

It has taken its toll with McCoist last night admitting: “I just want to be a football manager again. We can’t wait for that day.

“I’m looking forward to the day when I’m getting asked about a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 or why I’m not playing this player or why I dropped that player.

“That’s the questions I enjoy answering.”

Miller insisted this week he’s not another Craig Whyte as he unveiled his Gers’ rescue plan.

Vowing to protect 140 years of history and tradition Miller also promised to avoid the doomsday scenario of liquidation.

McCoist added: “Everybody has to be optimistic and positive.

“But at the same time we do realise there is work to be done.

“There is a lot of water to go under the bridge before we can say we are out of it, make no mistake. But it’s a really positive step and one that has needed to be taken.

“We are all very aware the administrators were anxious to name a preferred bidder. They have now done that, so we remain positive.”

Some fans, perhaps even the majority, will take much more convincing.

After the lies and deceit of the catastrophic Whyte era, McCoist understands why scepticism surrounds 65-year-old Miller.

He stressed: “All I would say as the manager is we all just want what’s best for Rangers.

“Would protests have helped us at our game against Dundee United on Wednesday night? Probably not.

“Sandy Jardine led a fantastic protest last weekend.

“It was well organised, well run and I thought it got the point across really well through 9,000 supporters.

“That’s the way to protest — an organised, legal protest is absolutely spot on.

“There were no silly antics. Everybody has the right to protest.

“Bill Miller appreciates that too, after everything that has happened to Rangers.

“He knows there will be a high level of due diligence from the support because of the year Rangers and our fans have gone through.

“It is to be expected that everybody is little bit wary and not getting the ra-ra skirts out straight away.

“Bill has got people looking at it and people are working behind the scenes.

“He knows what’s going on, he knows the feeling of the support.

“It’s not as if Bill is going into this completely in the dark. Far from it.”

Miller has certainly talked the talk after his £11.2million offer for Gers won him preferred bidder status.

The American could secure ownership of stricken Gers before the end of the season.

And McCoist — who has held a series of talks with his new boss — revealed: “He’s very straight talking, he is probably exactly what you would think he would be.

“He is very forthright, I don’t think he would be scared to upset people.

“But at the same time I think he is aware of the delicacies of the situation and the support.

“He is a successful businessman with a proven track record.

“I spoke to him after the United game in midweek. I then spoke to him again on Thursday night and will speak to him again today.

“You can only take people at face value — and the irony is not lost, because I haven’t seen him yet.

“But Bill Miller sounds absolutely spot on and I personally will be happier when I see the look in his eyes.

“And I would imagine he would be exactly the same about me.

“He has been very forthright in his views and demands of what he wants from me, in terms of opinions and so on.

“So I would be hopeful I will still be the Rangers manager under Bill.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4298794/But-Allys-sleeping-easier-now-Bill-has-rescued-Gers.html#ixzz1txI4U26q

This is a fine endorsement from Kennedy offering confidence to all the fans as he's been in the loop almost from the start.

I'm certain this will help us relax in the meantime..until things are signed, sealed and delivered.

That is very refreshing to read. Good on Brian K and hopefully the haters of BM will read, take note and stop the witch hunt. Face it, BM is here, and most likely to stay for 4+ years. For him to operate well it helps if the fans are behind him and not against it, as long as he doesn’t give us a n excuse to turn on him.

it’s a new and exciting time for a lot of us. So lets see what he’s got.

From a personal point of view the third of May 2012 was an amazing, strange and very surreal day in my life. If you guys don;t know i work in the middle east in oil and gas. I’m a senior mechanic on land drilling rigs. I was working for the Worlds biggest drilling company, Nabors. They were fucking me about saying i’ll be back at work in 2 weeks,.......for 2 months. Money wasn;t a problem but boredom was. So about 10 days ago i applied for 2 job. One in Saudi and one i n Kuwait. I didn’t think anything of it but actually got both.

i took the Kuwait one.

When the press conf finished the other day from D&P, i kid you not, the second the transmission went offline, (i personally was buzzing, relived and hopeful) my phone went, like 5 seconds after the broadcast finished. It was the Kuwait company HR guying teling me my flight times and other work related stuff. In my line of work you don;t count your chicken till you have your flight ticket. So you can imagine how i felt. It was a very sureal 20 minutes of my life.

The first and longest love of my life looks like it is now looking up from the bottom of Hell instead of down, and i have a very good job with a good country.

Sorry to hark on and if you’ve fallen asleep i owe you a beer.

That’s my story for the 3rd of may :D

PS, my taxi for the airport will be here in about an hour :D