SPL meeting adjourned again until 30th May

But we won't yet have been accepted into the SPL as a newco, so the other 11 could still decide whatever they like. If one's in place and plays against St Johnstone, however, then that completely fogs things up.

Don't think for a minute they won't accept us into SPL, but they need to try and hammer us with something to keep their hordes happy.

Don't think for a minute they won't accept us into SPL, but they need to try and hammer us with something to keep their hordes happy.

That's my point really. There appear to be a lot of people thinking this gives Miller the green light, but for me it does exactly the opposite as he now doesn't know what the penalties are.

I'm sure nobody thinks they'll boot us out, but this gives the other clubs the opportunity to hit us with as big a punishment as they like and there's not a thing we can do about it.

PS - BBC are reporting that D&P asked for the vote to be delayed.

They can't possibly sanction a newco retrospectively. Also they can't sanction a newco for anything that RFC are accused of.

Or can they?

So if we have a new structure in place before the next meeting, I fail to see what they can do. Also, why would the 12 month transfer ban or the fines apply to a newco?

I don't think there will be enormous sanctions - if they are so punitive that they threaten our existence, they know there is a chance of us walking. Although that would be up to BM.

This is the worst place that the SFA and the SPL have ever been, and they don't know how to deal with it.

It's also the worst place we've ever been, and I still feel sick.

One thing that's been striking me as odd about this whole incubator newco thing is that we're transferring the SPL share.

Why not come to an agreement with the SPL and SFA to allow the asset transfer but to keep playing with the SPL share still attached to the Oldco?

That way we would avoid further sanctions (other than a 10 point deduction if the oldco's still in admin at the start of the season) until which point that a CVA succeeds or fails and the oldco is liquidated or the assets transferred back accross.

As it stands, transferring the SPL share and being punished to the full for a 'transfer of SPL share' leaves us with little in the way of incentive to actually attempt a CVA.

Just thinking about one of the worst case scenarios.

Newco accepted into SPL, then they hit us with severe sanctions

The choice is then solely ours. Do we accept or do we resign.

If we choose the latter, havoc ensues and 3 teams are promoted through the various leagues.

Celtic lose their SPL voting structure forever.

TV deal collapses.

We have the choice to apply for SFL 3 or elsewhere.

Now I know that we all know this.

I'd just like to put it out there that this is areal threat that we should be considering.

Here's a thought - pretty far out I know....

The delays to the voting etc....maybe the SPL (and maybe some of the other clubs) are actually encouraging this to happen in order for Rangers to get a buyer in place before the outcome of the proposals etc. They can they issue a relatively mild punishment with the promise (and rules in place) that if it happens again TO ANY TEAM, they will be hammered.