SPL meeting adjourned again until 30th May

It's not that ridiculous mate, this was my first thought.

Perhaps the Hampden march, potential away game boycott & the sore arsehole they now have after the QC they hired told them to ram their sanctions up their HOOPS according to their own rulebook, is causing second thoughts?

Just thinking about one of the worst case scenarios.

Newco accepted into SPL, then they hit us with severe sanctions

The choice is then solely ours. Do we accept or do we resign.

If we choose the latter, havoc ensues and 3 teams are promoted through the various leagues.

Celtic lose their SPL voting structure forever.

TV deal collapses.

We have the choice to apply for SFL 3 or elsewhere.

There's no way that we'll resign from the SPL because of sanctions we're hit with even if they're severe.

Apart from the moral issues of resigning from our league, there would also be serious financial implications for our club and other clubs. Our resigning from the SPL could be catastrophic for the league and some of the member clubs.

On top of those aspects, I also think that if we were to resign, it wouldn't be looked on very favourably by the SFL or anyone else we applied to. Longmuir was recently making positive noises about the potential for Rangers joining the SFL, but I think that was in relation to a scenario where our newco wasn't allowed to go straight into the SPL.

I think the bottom line is that assuming we survive, we'll be playing in the SPL and will have no choice but to stay in it. If they hit us with severe sanctions we'll challenge them and threaten boycotts, but we won't resign.

bunch of fucking jokers. If they dont know now they will never know. and why do they need to wait to see who buys the club trill they make a decision?

I will back the club to the hilt if they go down to the 3rd division and ill still pay spl prices for my SB.

We need to shake this monkey off our backs and if we stay in the SPL then it will be used as a rod to whip our backs for years to come. We will never rid ourselves of the stench that craig whyte left in his wake by staying in the SPL.

We need to cleanse our souls. The only way to do that is by dropping down the divisions.

We need to shake this monkey off our backs and if we stay in the SPL then it will be used as a rod to whip our backs for years to come. We will never rid ourselves of the stench that craig whyte left in his wake by staying in the SPL.

I don't think that there's ANYTHING that can be done about that. It's a lose / lose situation. If we stay in the SPL we'll be the most hated club in Scotland outwith our own support. If we don't, then we'll fight our way back to a decimated SPL only to be blamed for it's demise AND we'll be the most hated club in Scotland.

We need to cleanse our souls. The only way to do that is by dropping down the divisions.

I disagree. I don't feel that we as a club or support have anything to feel ashamed of. We have plenty to be angry and anxious about, but I don't buy into the guilt trip we're being hit with by our rivals and a pandering mhedia one little bit.