Kennedy And Whyte In Discussions

Guest Dutchy

I'm never surprised by anything that goes on in the world of money, merely concerned about what the ture intentions of anyone weilding loads of it about.

I sure I read that Miller had it in mind to cut Whyte out totally! Some people clearly don't expect Whyte to be so compliant, so believe they have to deal with him directly in order to save Rangers FC, or so it seems, on the face of it.

I'm not sure if Kennedy is trying to see if there's any cut in this for him and although I don't like the thought of Whyte gaining anything at all through this plan, I'd be cock'a'hoop if the wee bastard was well out of the picture.

I still don't know anything about Millers intentions for our club, I'm only heartened by his record of success in turning around companies with their backs up against the wall. I don't see us surviving as Rangers FC though, unless this Kennedy thing is a trick to befuddle the tax man and various creditors that I've never seen yet.

As I say, on the face of it, this may be a good thing, but then again, when has anything in this long and complex saga been at face value?

Why is it important to kennedy ? he's a hivs supporter.

Mate, this topic has been covered time and again. He styled himself a Hibs supporter because all people in his school were "Jambos" ... in a school close to Tynecastle. He was done over and over again (hence his good looks and interest in rugby?) for that. Which team he supports now was never said, though he might still hold a soft spot for Hibs. His wife and her family are diehard Bluenoses though and accordiing to himself, he does this for these people and the Rangers suport in general. Just check the relevant statements by himself whenhe first showed an interest.

Mate, this topic has been covered time and again. He styled himself a Hibs supporter because all people in his school were "Jambos" ... in a school close to Tynecastle. He was done over and over again (hence his good looks and interest in rugby?) for that. Which team he supports now was never said, though he might still hold a soft spot for Hibs. His wife and her family are diehard Bluenoses though and accordiing to himself, he does this for these people and the Rangers suport in general. Just check the relevant statements by himself whenhe first showed an interest.

Someone will be telling us next that Whyte is/was a Rangers supporter.

The chances of newco Rangers being waved back into the SPL increased last night after it emerged that five top-flight clubs will now be required to oppose their return.

And, in what might yet prove a further boost to preferred bidder Bill Miller, chief executive Neil Doncaster refused to deny reports that the SPL currently have no power to impose any sanctions on Rangers as a condition for re-entry.

Having already been postponed by a week, yesterday’s five-and-a-half-hour meeting of top-flight clubs once more ended without resolution.

Duff & Phelps, the Ibrox administrators, did not turn up at Hampden but sent a request to adjourn a vote on new financial fair-play rules — a request which was unanimously approved by the other 11 sides.

Bid: Brian Kennedy wants to buy former Rangers owner Craig Whyte's shares.

The issue will now be considered at a general meeting on May 30, when, crucially, the power to approve a newco will formally be passed from the six-man SPL board to all 12 clubs. That means only an 8-4 majority would be required to vote Rangers back into the league.

Should Miller submit an application before May 30, the board have agreed to consult all 12 clubs before making its decision. That could also involve an informal vote to offer guidance.

Meanwhile, Brian Kennedy was attempting to buy Craig Whyte’s 85-per-cent stake in Rangers in a bid to increase the chances of Bill Miller’s ‘incubator’ project succeeding.

Sorting out the future: Administrators David Whitehouse and Paul Clark have granted preferred bidding status to Bill Miller

The move comes just days after Kennedy told Sportsmail he was ready to assist the American. Sources close to the Edinburgh-born businessman confirmed preliminary talks with Whyte had taken lace, but they stressed the move was an effort to help rather than hinder Miller’s Ibrox takeover.

The Tennessee tow-truck tycoon was awarded preferred bidder status by administrator Duff & Phelps last week.

Is BK still trying to get a CVA or are we doomed to a newco?

Some elsewhere suggest he's still after a stand-alone CVA but I doubt that's possible this season.

Ergo, if Kennedy/TBK wants to make a bid, it will either be a newco or we'll have another ten point deduction as we'd more than likely to be in administration at the start of next season.

Further, if they want to achieve a stand alone CVA then they may need to inject substantial monies by the end of the month to keep many players.

Someone will be telling us next that Whyte is/was a Rangers supporter.

Yes, there's always the possibility that McCoist was actually a Celtic-Fan when he was 6.

The point with most people who are not Craig Whyte is that you can actually verify the information.

Some elsewhere suggest he's still after a stand-alone CVA but I doubt that's possible this season.

Ergo, if Kennedy/TBK wants to make a bid, it will either be a newco or we'll have another ten point deduction as we'd more than likely to be in administration at the start of next season.

Further, if they want to achieve a stand alone CVA then they may need to inject substantial monies by the end of the month to keep many players.

CVA is till the preferred option because we wouldn't be banned for Europe for 3 years, is that correct?