Utterly divided support

I was going to blog about it, but thought better of it given I felt it would just add to the disharmony.

Demo aside, our support is completely fractured right now - the infighting in the last 3 or so months has been ridiculous.

We all want what's best for Rangers, but we all disagree on what or who that is.

And the conflicts in opinion which are getting personal are really troubling.

And very few of us have managed to keep out of it, and I hold my hands up. News tonight has made it even worse.

This support isn't much of a family at all right now.

As soon as any element other than hoping the team in blue is going to score is added to your support of Rangers, you straightaway divide yourself from people who don't agree with those added elements, be they political, religious, economical or whatever. This is nothing new, Danny.

Guest Corky_Laputa

Self interest and promotion have been a big spanner.

I honestly feel like screaming - there is no Rangers family as far as I can see.

It's getting so that I'm nippy with the kids these days - and THAT ain't worth it.

As soon as any element other than hoping the team in blue is going to score is added to your support of Rangers, you straightaway divide yourself from people who don't agree with those added elements, be they political, religious, economical or whatever. This is nothing new, Danny.

Spot on.

The Rangers support has had divides in all the years that I've been going. Where this idea of togetherness comes from, is a mystery.

I think easy of communication and access to information (true or false) has made it worse. Everyone wants to voice their personnel opinion and it so easy to log on and do so. Years ago by the time news like today's reached you, tempers had time to cool and it snappy retorts weren't worthwhile. It's a pity since the fans had pulled together to attend games and to show strength by attending the march. It really does seem that has all been undone sadly.

More news, less information. You're quite right there. I still feel that there needs to be state funding for websites so that moderators can moderate professionally, instead of in their own time. How that could be put into practice I dunno, but the current state of affairs, which sees us stuck in with the Amish in being unable to handle 21st century technology, can't go on.

Is Dingwall going to chase away every potential owner who doesn't guarantee him a seat on the Board?

https://twitter.com/#!/smcintosh1982/status/199966229660839936/photo/1/large

Your post sums up all that is wrong with the Rangers support. I'm don't know Dingwall and in fact I'm banned from FF, but I see nothing wrong with his message you show. Surely we should be asking questions of anybody who wants to own our club. Your quote about Dingwall wanting a seat on the board is nothing short of a lie, the RST and Dingwall have made it clear that he would not be the RST candidate.

Is Dingwall going to chase away every potential owner who doesn't guarantee him a seat on the Board?

https://twitter.com/#!/smcintosh1982/status/199966229660839936/photo/1/large

This is a good example of the nastiness and vitriol that pervades various factions in our support. It is worth remembering that we all support the same team and that, right now, we need unity more than ever.