Scum fans climb gates at Ibrox

Surely the CCTV outside ibrox would have recorded this and got the low life scum bags! Why the hell can't these morons just enjoy their title in their own back yard without travelling over the city to assault a 70 year old employee of our club!

I think that's the most shocking part. This is an older employee ffs. How fucking big and hard do they feel right now?

I think that's the most shocking part. This is an older employee ffs. How fucking big and hard do they feel right now?

As we know,when it comes to abusing anyone age doesn't come into it

Guest Dutchy
There is a police investigation into this.

That may well be the case Frankie, but it's obviously not deemed news worthy enough as I've looked at the BBC and DR sites and can see no reports of this criminal act.

Nothing new there then!

That may well be the case Frankie, but it's obviously not deemed news worthy enough as I've looked at the BBC and DR sites and can see no reports of this criminal act.

Nothing new there then!

Apparently there's a small piece about it in the Record (paper anyway).

RFC are as much to blame as anyone for the lack of attention on the issue but perhaps Tiny didn't want to make much of it.

Saw this:

Real Madrid have a celebration like something out of Star Wars. Ceptic fans hire dial-a-bus & head to Ibrox to throw cans of lager at folk.

@NJ_McLean - NJ McLean

LOL

and apparently the DR made a teeny tiny mention of an incident at ibrox yesterday, with no mention of Celtic fans or what happend. Altogether now: Journalistic integrity!

Guest Dutchy
Apparently there's a small piece about it in the Record (paper anyway).

RFC are as much to blame as anyone for the lack of attention on the issue but perhaps Tiny didn't want to make much of it.

Yeah, I just saw it. Page 11, away down in the left hand column, which is probably why I missed it. Which is also I suspect the reason it is so small.

Rather strange Frankie for you to claim that it's Rangers fault for not highlighing this event for 2 reasons.

We're in admin and I don't think we have a regualr press officer to deal with anything other than admin announcements. The other reason being, it's not Rangers job to report, or influence the news. The article says it's been reported to the police and it also seems to be inaccurate by the fact they claim she was hit with the can, which is diffirent to what I've read here.

Anyway, Rangers are not like that to highlight any wee event by thugs. Which is a pity as if it were the other way around, you can be sure we'd all get to know about how Scotland, and Rangers in particular are raving bigots and how unsafe it is for Irish catholics to survive in this midden of a country.

Again, sure the sensationalism of reporters, and the nature of what they choose to sensationlise, have to be brought to the attentions of the press complaints board, but then again, that's why Rangers wouldn't go down that road. There would be no chance of it getting any more attention, but negativity about bleating Rangers would.

FF I'm going over to Holland this week. Wish I could stay there permanently.

Dutchy:

Rangers still employ both their own in house PR team and the services of MediaHouse.

I agree it's not their job to highlight such stuff but the fact they haven't mentioned it (other than a short tweet) gives the media a get-out clause.

Guest Dutchy

There in lies the beauty of debate Frankie, once you get the bone between the teeth, in the shape of an arguement, it's difficult to let go.

I thought, no matter whose job it is, the PR team would be there mainly to give and make infromation available. By whining about not getting fair coverage is not, or at least I don't think it is, the PR departments job.

Ally has already pointed to some unfair reporting and the consequences thats had on how our club are percieved by the wider public and there are some people picking up on that, but not enough. I'd say some more wee comments every now and again might help, but everyone just wants to go on holiday now.

Let's hope the police don't and they find these bams and they're convicted. Then we can see how much clolumn space that gets.