What now for McCoist?

Don't forget how we were dumped (humiliated)out of every competition we entered,under his command.

And also,do not forget that we play in the SPL a mickey mouse league,where you or I could have probably done just as well

with the players he had at his disposal.

I did mention the cups.

You or I could have done just as well? I think you need to apply for a Premiership manager's job and earn £4m a year. Eck could only manage 72 points and third place in his last season and yet has had two Premiership jobs.

Advocaat achieved one less point (if you discount the 10 point penalty) with far better players at his disposal and yet has gone on to take huge jobs.

PLG has had a load of top jobs and would have been unable to match Ally in his first season.

So if you are as good as these guys, just who are you the manager of? Or are we talking a computer game here? I'll bet you can't even manage a team to the top of the table at itsagoal.com where instead of playing against the computer you play against other people. FM is deliberately easy to make it enjoyable to play.

I agree with most of your post Craig apart from the 15 point lead thing.

This 15 point myth has to stop.

We had a 15 point lead on Celtic for two hours and they still had a game in hand after that.

They had an easy game the Saturday of our taking that 15 point due to an early kick off and their game in hand was an easy game.

This 15 point lead thing has been blown into something huge by the press.

Very fair point. We laugh at the Tims for suggesting that they overhauled a 15 point lead... so we shouldnt be giving McCoist credit for that lead either. However, what cannot be denied is that he had built a "cast in stone" 9 point lead and we had one of our best season openings in our history. He deserves some credit for that. The team were churning out some very encouraging results. We absolutely ripped Celtic a new one at Ibrox and we were winning on the road frequently too, all whilst bringing in a number of new players.

There were still positives to be had from the season and from McCoist's managership

I did mention the cups.

You or I could have done just as well? I think you need to apply for a Premiership manager's job and earn £4m a year. Eck could only manage 72 points and third place in his last season and yet has had two Premiership jobs.

Advocaat achieved one less point (if you discount the 10 point penalty) with far better players at his disposal and yet has gone on to take huge jobs.

PLG has had a load of top jobs and would have been unable to match Ally in his first season.

So if you are as good as these guys, just who are you the manager of? Or are we talking a computer game here? I'll bet you can't even manage a team to the top of the table at itsagoal.com where instead of playing against the computer you play against other people. FM is deliberately easy to make it enjoyable to play.

I was in agreement till you said FM was easy :thup:

I was in agreement till you said FM was easy :thup:

The last game I played such a game was relatively easy to finish high up in the table but that was a long time ago. However, I'm pretty sure it's designed to allow you to progress to keep you addicted and buying the next version.

But imagine if you played and:

were given a new owner who pissed about in the transfer market and so you had to do your best at the bottom of the barrel, and proceed with a very small squad;

after a great start had your best player injured for a season plus long term injuries to other key players, which results in a severe loss of form;

found a bargain replacement playmaker and immediately had him banned for two games for what would have been a bookable offence;

had a perfectly good goal chalked off against your rivals which leads to a loss;

had your next best player sold for half his value but received no money to spend;

had your club go into administration which resulted in a 10 point deduction and caused a run with 3 points out of 12 when you'd have expected 9 or 10;

had a couple more players leaving for free;

had a transfer embargo applied for the next season

- I think you'd be fuming with the game and on the verge of binning it!

If despite all that you finished a good second and then you were sacked - you'd probably be binning your computer as well.

I think compared to Ally's season, FM is probably a dawdle... :devil:

Edited by calscot

I dont think it would be fair to judge him on last season when clearly his hands were tied.

I agree with Gav that he shouldnt simply be the manager of Rangers because he is a player legend. He's got to be judged as a manager and I think he did enough last season (in what was the most difficult situations a manager can have) to stay on.

You have to remember Ally will also become a stronger person on the lack of the last few months.

He has to be given the chance with a full set of tools and rules and a board who is backing him! If the dodgy performances and selections are still appearing then we can start to claim he isnt the right man. But Id say there was enough performances especially away from home last season in the early parts to say he might not be far away from being a good manager. But I still think a more experienced head is needed in his back room staff.